GenCon orders shipping yet?

Vlad the Mad

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have my order in hand now.

Shipped Thursday, Arrived Saturday (had it shipped to work). 2 days is pretty good.

BTW the coloring book is freakin awesome

Just got confirmation mine is completed #8667

Both nightmare editions and a coloring book

Neil

:rasputina:kirai:viktoria1:viktoria2

Email them. I agree, you deserve an explanation ... but maybe this is the wrong venue to demand it.

Believe me when I say I restrained myself when I emailed them (immediately after posting about it). I understand that stuff gets hectic and a little screwy after a huge rush of orders, I do... But when you "skip" orders and go on for several hundred others without contacting those people at all, it's a little ludicrous.:irked:

Believe me when I say I restrained myself when I emailed them (immediately after posting about it). I understand that stuff gets hectic and a little screwy after a huge rush of orders, I do... But when you "skip" orders and go on for several hundred others without contacting those people at all, it's a little ludicrous.:irked:

Nobody ever promised the orders will be send in order. These #s are merely an internal log of transactions. That the forums decided they may indicate the progress of the shipment is our own assumption, not something Wyrd said. If we didn't ask other people what numbers they have, you wouldn't even know what the sequence really is.

Personally I think they should've taken the entire pool of the orders and randomize it. What happened on the first day of orders was ridiculous and it would be much much better if the people understood it didn't matter if they order on Thursday or Sunday next year.

Nobody ever promised the orders will be send in order. These #s are merely an internal log of transactions. That the forums decided they may indicate the progress of the shipment is our own assumption, not something Wyrd said. If we didn't ask other people what numbers they have, you wouldn't even know what the sequence really is.

That's true. But technically, when you have an internal log of transactions, you deal with your transactions on a first-come first-served basis.

Personally I think they should've taken the entire pool of the orders and randomize it. What happened on the first day of orders was ridiculous and it would be much much better if the people understood it didn't matter if they order on Thursday or Sunday next year.

Yeah, I don't think that'd fly. It lessens the act of someone getting there right away to place an order. And what if there are limited quantities of some items? Your "random" idea means that someone who ordered during the last hours could get that item, and someone who got their order in the first day could be waiting weeks for something on back order.

Yeah, I don't think that'd fly. It lessens the act of someone getting there right away to place an order. And what if there are limited quantities of some items? Your "random" idea means that someone who ordered during the last hours could get that item, and someone who got their order in the first day could be waiting weeks for something on back order.

I think it doesn't have to "fly" at all. If those were the conditions for these 4 days and if you didn't want to order, you wouldn't have too - LGS would have these products soon enough anyway.

There were plenty of people who did come on the day 1, were on time to place their orders and simply couldn't connect to the server. Some got their orders mangled by the faulty processing system, others simply gave up.

Those who walked away, rather than spam the server for the next 5 or 6 hours, should actually be rewarded for helping to resolve the situation, don't you think? In fact, you likely managed to put your order early thanks to them and not merely by your own perseverance.

So it makes perfect sense to say for the 4 days every order is equal and all are send in random order. People are likely to order early anyway, but at least they won't overtax the servers.

Edited by Q'iq'el

I think it doesn't have to "fly" at all. If those were the conditions for these 4 days and if you didn't want to order, you wouldn't have too - LGS would have these products soon enough anyway.

There were plenty of people who did come on the day 1, were on time to place their orders and simply couldn't connect to the server. Some got their orders mangled by the faulty processing system, others simply gave up.

Those who walked away, rather than spam the server for the next 5 or 6 hours, should actually be rewarded for helping to resolve the situation, don't you think? In fact, you likely managed to put your order early thanks to them and not merely by your own perseverance.

So it makes perfect sense to say for the 4 days every order is equal and all are send in random order. People are likely to order early anyway, but at least they won't overtax the servers.

Amen.

So, I'm a goon. I didn't notice that my completed order included shipping information!

Oops.

To further illustrate just how much I wasn't paying attention, I checked the tracking information yesterday, and found out it had been delivered this past Saturday! 2 days my order has been sitting in the mailbox. Definite "duh" moment.

While its definitely disappointing that it took so long to get my order (even minus me completely missing out on it having shipped...) I definitely understand Wyrd being positively slammed with orders around and after GenCon. I'm sure it only got worse when they expanded the "Gen Con orders" window through the following Friday.

I will say, it was definitely worth the wait. Book 3 shows a lot of growth from the company, in every aspect of book quality. Its absolutely massive, the models within have fantastic concepts (and feel less like they'll shatter the game like some of the Book 2 models did/felt like,) and the amount of fluff in the book is astounding.

Keep it up Wyrd!