Control Deck vs Playing Card Deck - Combining the Two

Xander

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personly I would prefer 11, 12 and 13 instead of Jack queen and king, I love shape of suits.

Actually, I prefer the king, queen and jack pictures. I'd prefer numbers to anything malifaux related, like portraits of the masters, but I think pictures, if done in the right style, look awesome :') And it's not too hard to decypher what number they are in a duel.

My logic for no maliaux characters is... I like to think of these as something you'd find in the sleaziest inn in the quarentine zone, backstage at the star theatre, in mctavish's shack, etc. It'd be weird to have mali characters on there, especially if the rezzer masters havent been discovered by the guild yet :P

That said, there used to be a tax on playing card decks in olden times. To find out if the tax had been paid, the ace of spades was stamped. This lead to ornately designed aces of spades. Something similar like "GUILD TAX PAID" stamped over the top of the ace of crows (or rams) would be soooo cool :P

That said, there used to be a tax on playing card decks in olden times. To find out if the tax had been paid, the ace of spades was stamped. This lead to ornately designed aces of spades. Something similar like "GUILD TAX PAID" stamped over the top of the ace of crows (or rams) would be soooo cool :P

Hah, that would be pretty awesome.

I still want these pretty badly. Xander, I see you're still around and active. Do you need any help getting these things made and delivered? I remember your said something came up that stopped you, has that been handled or moved on? (Hope it wasn't anything serious, like an illness or death in the family, I saw you weren't active for nearly 5 months.)

I'd punch a Rezzer in the face to get a bunch of these decks in time for Adepticon. ;)

• 2 months later...
You deserve it. I wanted one of your decks the moment I found this thread. It's satisfying to know that labors of love like this are recognized and rewarded. I hope you don't stop here. I'd love to see more of your talents used to support Wyrd.

I appreciate the praise. :)

Wyrd is pretty cool, no question about that. I think it's a pretty neat accomplishment to have something you designed being distributed all over the globe.

I don't really know how else I could support Wyrd; my one little idea has been pretty much exhausted in this design. But, if called upon, I am sure I'd be up for doing something else.

Thanks again for your kind words.

These are really well done & I will certainly be getting a deck. I hope that you got some $ for the work...or at least a HEAFTY online store credit.

It is nice to see Wyrd is ready to capitalize on the efforts of their customers. I mean this in a good way; some other companies seem fearful of what their fans produce.

• 3 weeks later...