Making some Malifaux boards!

Angor

Hey guys

I am running a Malifaux Legaue and soon to be Tournement and with the help from Alex (the owner of Cut and Thrust in Bristol) I have been making some fancy Malifaux boards. We wanted to make three really different boards that force players to play completely differently depending on their table whilst still not making them bias to a specific gang type.

First up is the Alpine river (My favourite!) some scatter woods, rocks and a building on this custom river board. This was by far the easiest board to construct but I love it to bits now, it has a great feel to it.

I decided to have scatter terrain a heavy feature on all the boards because we play so much Malifaux these days its nice to be able to vary the terrain between games.

We have made our own rules for the river which can make this an unforgiving board to play on.

DSCF1893.jpg

DSCF1887.jpg

Next is a pretty simple cowboy town. We are working on some more props to dress the town with such as extra barrels, carts and other street furniture. Fighting in the street can be deadly due to lack of cover but jumping over the crowded fences in the backyards over the houses provides its own set of problems.

DSCF1892.jpg

DSCF1885.jpg

The last of our new boards are the ruins. We had not played with many levels of terrain before but this board is rife with them.

DSCF1891.jpg

DSCF1889.jpg

So far I am really happy with the boards and it has been nice to see a few more locals have bought gangs just to get to play on them. More coming soon!

Am so glad you guys like the boards. If you live anywhere near Bristol come on down to Cut and Thrust for a game of Malifaux!

do you think you could pull together some indoor sets?

Not to ruin the suprise but there are some indoor boards on their way. It turns out they take 100% more planning and effort than an outdoor board though, expecially when you are planning destructable walls and the like.

What rules do you use for water?

We have it as a random event as the river floods and all models get swept downsteam and models swept off the board are killed.

Are they hand made? Iv been out of mainstream stuff for too long (getting old sigh) with all the skulls they could be a gw product but youv got a stack of them!

Most of them have been hand made (not by me but an old GW staffer) with the addition of Skulls from a GW temple set to try and add a little more detail.