Not another bloomin' Seamus gang!! (A journey through Malifaux addiction...)

Bigkid

Very poor painting indeed..

Only joking! Thought it was about time your read a negative comment! :D

Amazing work yet again. You've given me some ideas for my Seamus crew. I will be starting it soon for the "Tale of Painters" project, so thanks for raising the bar... so far that its out of reach! :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very poor painting indeed..

Only joking! Thought it was about time your read a negative comment! :D

You sir, are going on my list!!

Once I've updated Sybelles base I'll be starting on either Perdita converted into a 'Hanged' or painting/converting the Anima Tactics model thingy into a Night Terror (sorry Wyrd, but your Night Terrors are terrible!:()

This is the fella:

16ao93o.jpg

(Thanks to Ratty for drawing my attention to her!)

I think she'll look great painted with Bette Noir skin, blood dribbling from her gob! Maybe even some wings and improved claws...

Very cool stuff , I love the night terror idea . Use Kade as the spirit kid .

Kade is.....Brothel Baby!!

He's going on Sybelles base 'cos she's the madam and therefore gets to look after any 'accidents' that the girls might have...

Thinking maybe looking for a 15mm or 20mm miniature to use as the spirit rising from the grave??

• 3 weeks later...

POO PHOTOS ALERT!!;)

Sybelle with Brothel Baby!

2w40ig2.jpg

2ah8nf7.jpg

Was trying to get a more 'dusky' skin tone for BB in preparation for young Molly (Brothel Baby's mum!)

Perdita's on order for converting into a 'Hanged' and both of me Night Terrors are ready for painting...

Edited by Bigkid

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I updated me thread, blame Gencon fever (it's a known medical condition!).

In fact I've only painted 2 things in the last 5 weeks (one of which was a Canine Remains but it sucks so I shan't show!).

Been loving Avatar Seamus in the last few games so thought I'd better stick some paint on the giant freak.

9u6iip.jpg

Right, now for some Drowned...

Latest addition to Seamus's rag tag group...

Jackie Daw!

sdyz4j.jpg

nq8lqa.jpg

I love the original Hanged models but my Seamus crew is all female so I wanted to convert something. Nice and simple and I'm happy with the result (she is floating, honest!).

Besides, I get to wind me mate up when I play against his Ortega crew....

Latest addition to Seamus's rag tag group...

Jackie Daw!

sdyz4j.jpg

nq8lqa.jpg

I love the original Hanged models but my Seamus crew is all female so I wanted to convert something. Nice and simple and I'm happy with the result (she is floating, honest!).

Besides, I get to wind me mate up when I play against his Ortega crew....

:D Nice work sir. Great conversion!

• 2 months later...

Long time since I posted some stuff and as I'm now an official 'dirty slut' 'cos I'm flirting with another crew I thought I'd post the last couple of Seamus's lady conquests...(in my now trademark rubbish photography!)

First up,

Roxy, the Dead Doxy Proxy (soon to be Roxy the Desperate Merc...)!!

2d6ms0k.jpg

Then,

Vicky Gunslinger (yes, I'm basically 'whoring' all of Steve's masters!! They can't get enough of the Seamus!!;))

167nl35.jpg

Finally, a group shot or two!

22hrp.jpg

25heuc4.jpg

That's it 'till the Doxy's appear.

It's on to the Dreamer for me....

Cant believe i missed this crew until now! Love it all. Stand outs would have to be both version of seamus, bette is amazing also the display board you have is incredible!

I know aSeamus was painted a while ago but do you by chance remember how you did the skin on him? It looks great

Just out of curiousity where did the cobble stone display board come from (is it custom)?

The base is a 1:35 diorama:

ztdlhh.jpg

I've just left off the lamppost (too large scale) and added a ruined wall around the graveyard.

Ebay is your friend (just don;t complain to me when you realise just how many cobblestones there are...;))

I can't recommend the use of a display base more. The poor blighters looked all lost just stood on the shelf before I got it.

I know aSeamus was painted a while ago but do you by chance remember how you did the skin on him? It looks great

Really simple, I use the Foundry paint system flesh range.

Seamus was painted with the standard 'Flesh' palette (the Foundry system comes with 3 different shades of the colour). It's a matter of blending them together with a touch of white if needed for the final highlights. Just remember to water down your paints!

On a side note, Brothel Baby (Kade) was painted with their 'Dusky Flesh' hence why he's slightly.......duskier!

• 1 year later...

Been a looong time since I updated this thread.

Been side tracked with me Gremlins (another story...) but I've recently painted a few additions to me Seamus crew so I'd thought I'd share.

First up is my Dead Rider/Izamu proxy.

I really don't like either of the actual models (although I have purchased them both for the cards and because I'm not a complete douche who wants his favourite miniature company to suffer!).

It's a Smog 1888 miniature that I've converted to give it a lovely scythe and a smashin' gasmask (for some reason...)

Behold!

312erfq.jpg

2z3ntll.jpg

It's a 50mm model but I reckon it looks pretty good next to Seamus and it looks very good on the table (I think so anyway...)