Mako's Crew(s)

Mako

Thanks fupersudge!

Er... way too long I suspect is the answer!

Honestly, it depends. These guys had several weeks each. Some I do all the ones I own in a week or less (minions that come in threes, for example). It varies a lot depending on the colours I'm using, the complexity, and how annoyed I get painting them *grin*

Basically, I paint til I'm OK with it (however long that takes), then stop. It's the only way I've found to ever actually stop messing with models and call them finished!

I realized just this morning that Miss Treated has hair covering her face. That's a really great idea.

I'll get to reading your article later in the afternoon. I love the look of your crew, but I'm repeating myself *grin*.

Beautiful contrast on Dead J's skin, hair and clothes.

Did you get any games with this crew?

Edited by Linus Mcmold
posting before finishing the post

Thanks folks! It was a lot of work, but I'm glad it came out nicely. Bit much work for the time I had, but such is life!

They've never seen a gaming table Linus, they went to the painting cabinet then came home and stayed neatly packed away...

Luss, you totally can, you just have to work at it steadily and it all comes together in the end!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, quiet in here again... I really should do more stuff!

I'm doing some freehand on raspy of course, and hopefully in November/December I'll be able to get time to work on the rest of the crew. I have to love how easily the plastics go together, I basically have the whole crew assembled and it took less time than prepping one coryphee!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I was leafing through the latest issue of Wyrd Chronicles and stopped at your article and noticed a funny thing. The DM holding a body ripped in half. In the other hand he's holding an arm that was torn off. Yeah, an arm... Here's what I thought it was when I painted mine:

post-8493-13911931776379_thumb.jpg

I thought it made him look crazy the way he's pulling at his... beard.

I got most of the way through painting the arm thinking it was a foot and leg!

Ahh, mystery lumps of metal. How I won't miss you :-P

And thanks, Death Marshal D!

Soon, I hope to actually have something new to put up, the endless tide of things to deal with is starting to slow down a little so I'll be able to put brush to models. Maybe some gamin.

@Viruk&Mako: This conversation and the choice of miniatures in your avatar/signature made me think about how I visualize you two in person depending on the foremntioned choice (bearded death marshal & mr. Graves).

I would have never thought that the death marshal was nibbling on an arm, but it was Viruks Dead Justice set I've first seen since my lurking beginnings on this sub-forum.