Mako's Crew(s)

Mako

Curses, I appear to have broken my thanks button. Sorry Evaine! *grin*

Thanks for the comments folks, good to see people are liking my progress. Hopefully the end result won't disappoint!

Evaine, no backing out now :-P. The biggest and hardest part of contests is entering in the first place, I want to see your stuff there!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I wasn't kidding when I said later. It's been a long day, and I've had more than one mistake to correct...

Still, here's Lady J standing in the rubble, and the fence. There's still weathering and final touches like that to tie it all together and make it look right, but the basic bits are done.

LJandfence_zpsdd4047e5.jpg

The marshals, for the most part, just need their metalwork doing, so that's tomorrow's task. Hopefully I can get everything done by saturday night in terms of painting the models, then I can focus on tweaking and refining (the OSL alone could take most of sunday...)

Thanks all!

The bricks are plaster cast from some I sculpted originally, not being too accurate about filling the moulds gave me the variation in them. Then I hit them with a variety of heavy things to give me rubble *grin*

Last few days and the big push to finish, it's always down to the wire. I should know better, but it gets me every time...

Hey, congrats on the 100th page.

I love your Lady J who lost her head. Yellowish skin is something very new (and hip) to see on the undead, but IMO very logical.

I'm anxious to see your shuffling Miss Terious, since I like the conversion.

I must admit that besides Lady J from the Dead Justice crew I like the dead Judge over the living Judge. Except that the new plastic one is probably my favorite, but I'm probably speaking from my imagination since I haven't seen the miniature yet.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Lots of potential in the new plastic models. Dead Justice crew Death Marshals will be perfect for Taras upcoming crew. I'd love to see how those models look beside the plastic Tara ones.

No photo today, I'm saving them for after the contest (partly because I left my laptop at work so wold have to prep them on the pad and that's annoying to do...).

Hopefully I'll have interwebs and can say something about the other wyrd entries, and the non wyrd stuff too of course, until judging ends on Saturday and we find out who kicked my ass!

Anyone wanting to talk paint with me (or talk nonsense with me, I can do that too), feel free to grab me if you see me, I'll have a badge of my avatar to make it easy.