Mako's Crew(s)

Mako

Me too, Wings - after all this work, getting it finished seems so close and yet so far away!

I spent part of lasts night adjusting the fit of two of the bases, they were a little snug after all the messing about. Now I'm ready to paint the base, and I finished the skin tones on Miss Treated so it's onto the clothing for the marshals now

Usually I do, because they're typically the most recessed part of a model and I tend to work outwards (saving myself the hassle of being neat at the edges). There's always the option of going back and glazing colours into the skin to match it up to the rest of the model at the end, of course.

With the dead marshals I did the bone first and then the skin, as the bone was recessed more. Something like Toshiro, with a large hole in his stomach and chest, I'd paint the internal area first and the skin after.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

And thanks!

Cheers all, you're keeping my energy going through a very long process of painting the blasted cobbles!

The bricks I made myself, they're plaster with some black paint added in to make any chips less obvious. The cobbles were pretty simple, I used a mix of apoxie sculpt and green stuff, placed a blob on the surface, shaped the edges down to the foamcore, then smoothed it all with a clay shaper and a wet finger. Repeat ad nauseam...

while any pictures of makos work is appreciated I would love to see how that hungering darkness turned out :D

i was certain itd turn up in one of the wyrd chronicles but everytime Makos has been busy and show of something different.

I am however certain itll be worth the wait.

HD won't be in a chronicles article - really because I started him beforehand, and had a load of photos up on here, it's not going to work. It's better I do other things that haven't been half seen.

I will finish him one day, but there's a ton of work and a step by step of it all means it's not a quick project. I might just finish him up and have a few photos of each section finished before the next goes on. But not until after gencon, that's for sure.

Lucius is definitely on the list for after gencon too...

Ha, that made me laugh. It's so true...

The GenCon project is great for making me focus (and proving how good I am at procrastinating, if I'm honest *wink*)

More pictures end of this week hopefully, with some actual noticeable progress!

Does England have any ice cream left after that heatwave?

Well, here's progress...

leatherbasic_zpsbe2ce418.jpg

basepaintbasic_zps770e5162.jpg

Photos will be sporadic at best now, since I'm having to make that final push to finish on time. But After gencon, there'll be many many photos, and some thoughts too if you're unlucky.