Mako's Crew(s)

Mako

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

I've been away for a month with no painting supplies, but to settle back into things I've started work on another piece I got at gencon (Shar the Traveller, 54mm, from Morland Studios). She took a bit of prep to get ready, but I've managed to start work on the dress today. Only one half of the bodice is done, but it should show what I'm aiming for with her dress:

shardressstart_zps928a0e0c.jpg

Thanks all!

It's a quite useful design at the moment, as while I recover from whatever random plague I got last week I can only paint for a short while - just long enough to do one fabric panel it turns out.

Got a bit more done on the bodice, but the skirt will be a large area and I'm going to run out of patterns...

Very nice mix of colors there. I think you might try to smooth out the edge of purple material as the contrast between it and green is a bit too strong but then I realize how small the surface you're working on is and it probably won't be noticeable later on.

Also, can't wait to see your take on TT, especially Misaki's crew - you've shown how well you deal with Eastern themes in painting before so these will be a treat for sure.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

I still need to go back and add in shading and stitches to that side of the bodice, so the boundary line between the purple and green will end up the same as the original half of the bodice, rather than as the stark line it currently is. That will reduce the contrast and neaten the edges up, as well as giving it more shape. Might do that before I finish the skirt, might leave it til the skirt is ready for it too.

Also, 54mm herringbone pattern was painful and I never want to do it again...