Aethervox Special Feature: Interview with Eric Johns

Love it Julian, downloading it now!

Man, Aethervox releasing an EricJ episode today and GL releasing one Sunday evening... its almost like we coordinated!

Imagine how dangerous we could be if we actually planned things!

:dancing2:

Now I need to rush off and start listening!

I really agree with the line about how "the Wife" is more likely to "give it a go" Eric! The way I found the game was looking for figures to represent players in a D&D game I'm running, and my Wife found these figures and got really excited. I totally brushed it off and had very little interest (what a fool)! She kept bringing it up and we got some figures the next week, and I'm so glad we did!

Good interview. I wonder which two minions will be getting the nightmare treatment. My guess is on Teddy.

Will have to start saving if Nightmare editions and avatars are available at Gen con.

A bit disappointed then there wont be fleshing out the special forces that much. I feel each of the henchmen could really do with a few more minions. But I guess that will be the next book.

Interesting things gleaned indeed.

I had assumed book 3 would introduce new masters as well. I don't know if I should stick with that assumption. However, I am still going to assume that Molly will get more than just rogue necromancy from book 3.

On the topic of avatars, glad to hear that they are in-game options and not a hiring choice. Although, I already hear my gaming group nicknaming going avatar...whether or not we call it super seiyan or make some jokes about turning blue and having cat eyes will remain to be seen.

And what was that about us knowing what the Criid avatar should look like? Hiding in plain sight? Hrm....forum project to dig up every picture of Criid in publication?

Interesting...interesting....now if we could just persuade the marketing guy to start doing gen con previews.....

Edited by pigi314159

Interesting things gleaned indeed.

I had assumed book 3 would introduce new masters as well. I don't know if I should stick with that assumption. However, I am still going to assume that Molly will get more than just rogue necromancy from book 3.

On the topic of avatars, glad to hear that they are in-game options and not a hiring choice. Although, I already hear my gaming group nicknaming going avatar...whether or not we call it super seiyan or make some jokes about turning blue and having cat eyes will remain to be seen.

And what was that about us knowing what the Criid avatar should look like? Hiding in plain sight? Hrm....forum project to dig up every picture of Criid in publication?

Interesting...interesting....now if we could just persuade the marketing guy to start doing gen con previews.....

Back of the rules manual

I would say any reasonable minion could have a Nightmare Edition. Not sure a rotten belle should go nightmare for example, but any HT4 (and possibly HT3) could.

For example I don't play Guild, but I think a NE Peacekeeper would be great.

Oh, and Nathan, I believe the good Dr. McMourning might disagree with you on superglue and kittens.

Edited by WookieeGunner

I could imagine Nightmare Editions of the more popular masters - Victorias, LadyJ, Seamus or Raspy would be my best bet.

If they don't get their own avatar models in the first release, it would give some satisfaction to the players having a new and cool model while they are waiting for their avatars == everyone happy. :D