A wyrd village

DAGabriel

Hi guys,

i want to build a village table for Malifaux/Mordheim.

Got a serious time problem caused by job and family, so do not expect a very quick development.

I just started to collect some buildings for the first 60X60 cm modul. Qualification: modeled interior.

First house of the village:

K800_MerchantHouse1.jpgK800_MerchantHouse2.jpg

Stock12.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here the last finished project, together with its Mortheim story:

The Tower of Drakenquell

Welcome stranger! So you are the one who wants to see the Tower of Drakenquell?

It really is worth a look.

Perhaps you know that the village of Drakenquell was founded about a dozen years after the devastation of the city of Drakenfurt by the Waagh Ironfist.

The village is situated at the far edge of the city ruins, partly sheltered by the ruined town wall while the Tower is part of the defense of the buildings outside the old city-borders.

The inhabitants seem to be rather superstitious and afraid of shadows. They always tell about the haunted ruins of the old town and try not to venture into the ruins alone or by night.

You as an educated man surly will scoff at their tales of ghosts and ratlings.

K800_Tower1.jpg

Soon the Tower will be the home of the new Drakenquell-Guard.

As you have seen we built it on a steep hill and the road winds up to its entrance.

K800_Tower2.jpg

The sides of the hill were cleared of any bigger trees and bushes to make it hard for an enemy to reach the tower-walls.

Don`t let the damaged cart disturb you, it will be cleared away before the arrival of the soldiers.

In case of a visit by a rider we have got a watering place for horses.

K800_Tower3.jpgK800_Tower4.jpgK800_Tower5.jpg

As you can see, the door is reinforced with iron-bands and built of well aged oak. A Waaagh Boss himself could surly throw himself against this door for days and he would not bbreak it.

Now let us enter the Tower.

K800_Tower6.jpg

A stair is leading to the Guard Room, where the weapons are kept.

K800_Tower7.jpgK800_Tower8.jpg

A look from the outside:

K800_Tower9.jpgK800_Tower10.jpg

well,,

it certainly gave me a huge jawdropping effect :o

these are beautiful :o

only problem;; 28mm,, its that tiny bit to small,, i know, i tried to put a malifaux table with 28mm scenery,, when your big building is standing in the middle, and you put a ht 3 model next to it, well, it just isn't so big anymore :)

well,,

it certainly gave me a huge jawdropping effect :o

these are beautiful :o

only problem;; 28mm,, its that tiny bit to small,, i know, i tried to put a malifaux table with 28mm scenery,, when your big building is standing in the middle, and you put a ht 3 model next to it, well, it just isn't so big anymore :)

Well the Ht 3 and 4 models are supposed to be huge, can't expect every building to be built for Andre the Giant or Shaq.

As for the buildings, they look sweet and fantastic paintjobs, now jsut need to use them in a battle report :D

I just fell in love with Malifaux and am still waiting for my first ordered models. In addition i have to infect some other guys with the virus, hope my son will enter, too.

well, i had the same feeling when i started :D

we started with 2 malifaux players in the beginning at our local club, now we have 10-12 players :D its a contagious virus ;)

Well the Ht 3 and 4 models are supposed to be huge, can't expect every building to be built for Andre the Giant or Shaq.

As for the buildings, they look sweet and fantastic paintjobs, now jsut need to use them in a battle report :D

agree, but a house compared to a ht 3 or 4 is still high enough to give it cover, with a 28mm not realy,

i don't mind tough, but it can be annoying sometimes :)

Hey DAGabriel, that's a great project you're working on there. Love the Tabletop World buildings and Pardulon make a very cool variety of resin stuffs. Looking forward to seeing more!

(sorry, no idea if the crackle medium is any good. Saw it at my LGS but never actually got it)