Bete Noire

Masque

Question

I'm going to be playing my first games both with and against Bete soon since a friend and I have both recently hired her on. I'm a little unclear on a few of her rules so I'm looking for some help.

1. Can she use Drawn To Death to escape from a Pine Box or Disappearing Act?

2. Feed on Death is worded insanely. As written it seems Feed on Death itself goes away at the Start Closing Phase if Bete happens to be in play and thus she'll never gain Fast again. As long as she keeps getting Buried before the Start Closing Phase though she keeps the ability and can keep gaining Fast.

3. If a Living model is Killed and Bete uses Drawn to Death to enter play does she immediately gain Fast from Feed on Death?

4. If Bete has one of her Depraved Tactics and is then Buried she will still have it if she is Drawn to Death next turn. Can she then gain another Depraved Tactic or will this only change which she has active?

5. One with the Night allows Bete to be Drawn to Death next turn but nothing about it seems to prevent her from being Drawn to Death this turn. Is there supposed to be a limitation here rather than an allowance?

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Are we any closer to a cleared up ruling on this?

Magicpockets' Levi thread mentioned using a stacked Depraved Tactics, which I didn't think was possible, but having found this thread while looking for an answer, it sounds like we're not sure at the moment whether it's a valid tactic or not?

Mike

Edited by Mike3838

Are we any closer to a cleared up ruling on this?

Magicpockets' Levi thread mentioned using a stacked Depraved Tactics, which I didn't think was possible, but having found this thread while looking for an answer, it sounds like we're not sure at the moment whether it's a valid tactic or not?

Mike

Mike

Yeah, I didn't realise there was confusion on this. I thought you cast the spell and got an effect from it (1 of 3) and if you recast the spell you got a different effect. Same with Lady J sword style if you bury her.

Effects of the same name don't stack sure, but the spell clearly says the 3 options are the effects and so nothing is stacking. The spell itself isn't still "in play" and, if it was, nothing stops spells stacking (just their effects)

Edited by magicpockets

To me its all the same spell, so they shouldn't stack from my limited understanding of how things work? But also i thought the standard way things worked was you have this effect until the spell is cast again, as it is only bete who can cast the spell on herself, it does not need that to be specified in my mind as only she can cast it on herself? Seems unfortunately simple to me that you would only get one effect, and my initial understanding of the two RM's rulings i found a little confusing, to me this makes more sense now?

Can someone please explain where i am wrong? As i seem to be the only one thinking this way:)

It says "receives one of the following effects". Then the following effects are listed with names. IE the effect left on the model are Sever Spine, Groin Strike and Mutilate not Depraved Tactics. Therefore you can stack Sever Spine with Groin Strike on the same Bete as they are listed as separate effects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetid Strumpet

So Ratty, does that mean across the board that any spell which can generate multiple effects can stack its different effects even though the spell itself has the same name?

Yes.

As the Effect itself that is named cannot be stacked.

Originally Posted by Masque

4. If Bete has one of her Depraved Tactics and is then Buried she will still have it if she is Drawn to Death next turn. Can she then gain another Depraved Tactic or will this only change which she has active?

It would only change the active effect.

First is by Ratty, second two are directly coped (rather than quoted as i dont know how to go back pages and quote more posts) from WEiRD sKeTCH.

In my reading the first two say one thing, and the third one states another, contradicting the other two. In my reading, this is not me stating as fact, more looking for an actual answer, or how i am making the mistakes i may be making in my understanding:)

The first comments from Ratty and Weird state that the same effects may not be stacked but you may have more than one in play on her at the same time. The Final post from WEiRD sKeTCH States that only the most recently cast effect from the spell would stay in play on her.

I noticed that while everyone worried about the stacking effects the fact be it can't be stacked from the simple fact its a "0" action spell and since she only can do one zero action in of game one effect only can be achieved-if reactived than possible stacking. The discussing about the nurses is that they can do furious casting so multi spell casting.

More interested in knowing if the spell effects both melee strikes and thrown knife strikedsince spell says knife strikes?? If answered please redirect to thread havent found it yet...thank you

I noticed that while everyone worried about the stacking effects the fact be it can't be stacked from the simple fact its a "0" action spell and since she only can do one zero action in of game one effect only can be achieved-if reactived than possible stacking. The discussing about the nurses is that they can do furious casting so multi spell casting.

More interested in knowing if the spell effects both melee strikes and thrown knife strikedsince spell says knife strikes?? If answered please redirect to thread havent found it yet...thank you

Because bury has changed since this year old thread was allowed to die.

Effects used to be "paused" on a model when it was buried. So she could bury, come back still affected and cast it again. Not anymore since the bury errata.

And yes, its just her melee strikes.