CloudFangs Rezzers!

CloudFang

• 2 weeks later...

update on some bases: finished green stuffin for some of my models... i also took a bunch of pics so i will be doing a step by step greenstuff cobblestone the way i work tutorial... as soon as i finish it and post it i will let you guys know... but heres a pic of the finished greens:

IMG_0231.jpg

thanks.... just base coated for now... the hair will be browner when complete... and the other thing im havin trouble with is the top of the hat... as of now its a pie slice formation with the stripes but it really creates a focal point on top of his hat... not sure if i should try and do straight across instead? any opinions would be welcome.

@spiraling- did you check out my kirai earlier in this thread? i think i got game.. :-P but pretty much dont think that would help the whole "it being a distraction" thing... prolly make it worse, and what classy gent gets his top hat airbrushed? What did you have in mind? I'm open for consideration...

im thinking once its done, the grey is lighter and the pinstripes are a little more clean and thinner it wont be such a eye puller....

ALSO GREENSTUFF TUTORIAL ON MY COBBLESTONE BASES HERE!!!!

hope it helps!

some quick pics to keep it goin', copycat is really hard to phot cuz he's tiny! also with him being so small and the hat creating a ton of weird shadows and the white primer base ruining the white balane.. these were the best i could take... hopefully he will be finished soon!? got about a week or i get a pie in the face.

first set of highlight grey:

IMG_0286.jpg

next set:

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

thanks for keepin the faith omen... haha..

yea i decided to work on copy first incase i ran into any problems i might fix before i did the striping on seamus...

i think my only issue is the striping looking a bit too wide... i left some darker grey and around the stripe to hopefully help make the stripe stand out and the stripe is darker brown with a thin golden brown stripe down the center... the dark grey and darker brown were there to separate the colors since the golden brown and grey were a little similar..

anyway i like the effect and the way the colors jump out but i feel like the stripes themselves are too thick?

would love opinions on this and criticisms before i start seamus? thanks!

You might have been ok just using either the dark grey or the dark brown, rather than both, which would make the stripes look thinner. The other way that I'd use is to paint all the grey, then paint in dark brown lines, then the pale brown on top. This means you're not adding extra shading in that makes them look wider.

Honestly though, I wouldn't change it, they look pretty awesome as they are and the fact that they aren't tiny and ultra subtle fits with copycat really well!

Maybe go a little thinner and closer, to accentuate the fact that he's bigger. But not too much, you could easily send yourself mad doing tiny tiny pinstripes and it probably wouldn't look right!

If you did go thinner, I'd ease off on the dark grey and just use the dark brown mainly to form the line edges. That'll shrink it to the eye without involving painfully slow and tricky painting!