Let's Talk Pig-a-Pult

AgentRock

So, primarily because I think its hillarious, I'm curious if anyone has given the pig-a-pult a try through proxies. How did it perform? What did you use with it? Did it actually work?

It seems one good way to operate it would be to field the thing with a pair of taxidermists, one to dig up a corpse counter and the other to animate it as a stuffed pig for ammo every turn.Any other thoughts?

With how fast gremlins die, I don't think using a taxidermist just to dig up corpse counters would be worth it.

If you are playing a Som'er list, (which I think other than Pere tomfoolery is the only master you'd be using the Pigapult with) just park the taxidermist within range of Som'er and when the Get Yer Bro engine starts running, you will have plenty of corpse counters.

I personally am a fan of of launching Pere to his death, just to see what happens =D. Works best with Ophelia, Pere and a Pigapult...

Companion Ophelia and Pere, starting with Ophelia. Use her (0) action "Family Tree" to make the Pigapult activate after she does (this will be before Pere goes). Do what ever else needed with Ophelia, but make sure Pere is 2" from the Pigapult. Activate the Pigapult and do the (1) "Launchin" on Pere, to send him up to 24" anywhere (works best into a bunch of enemy models)!! If he failed the duel no biggie, because it activates his 5" pulse that deals 4 damage. If he lives, well just have fun throwing fire/castiing "Oopsie"!!!

Hmm. Well that's embarrassing.

I guess part of what I was curious about was the actual on-the-table viability of the model. If you were, say, playing in a tournament, is this something you would feel comfortable fielding? Or is this more what you would do for a fun game?

If you are playing a Som'er list, (which I think other than Pere tomfoolery is the only master you'd be using the Pigapult with) just park the taxidermist within range of Som'er and when the Get Yer Bro engine starts running, you will have plenty of corpse counters.

One of our players runs this tactic alot. Remember to use Git Y'er bro then use the pig sticker on a wounded gremlin and get the trigger and you can make a piglet without needed the Crows to cast Taxidermin.

Its actually a really brutal tactic and you can ruin some gangs with it. It deals out alot of damage from out of LOS without any defense rolls. In turn if Von Schill turns up against it he laighs all the way to the bank!

One of our players runs this tactic alot. Remember to use Git Y'er bro then use the pig sticker on a wounded gremlin and get the trigger and you can make a piglet without needed the Crows to cast Taxidermin.

Its actually a really brutal tactic and you can ruin some gangs with it. It deals out alot of damage from out of LOS without any defense rolls. In turn if Von Schill turns up against it he laighs all the way to the bank!

Eh. That's when we found out how much Mr. Von Schill enjoys playing with no hand.

Ive had no experience with it, but a 4ss model that has Object 6 ,with 24 inch range no LOS needed shot doing the potential damage output that it can! I think that has a lot of potential..

It does. Especially because it enables Gremlins to deal with certain crew they got trouble with.

No LOS, and Wp 10. Pandora beware...

Two other points. Being Object 5, it is probably going to take 5 seperate attacks to kill it, unless you can do a lot of Damage in a single attack/instant kill trigger/sacrfice effect. Making it very durable!

Secondly, it only has a 30mm base. Is that right?...surely if it is launching models, it needs to be bigger than the model it is launching?..look at the pic, it is over twice the size of the pig! 30mm seems too small, and makes it extremely easy to hide and still be fully effective!

Secondly, it only has a 30mm base. Is that right?...surely if it is launching models, it needs to be bigger than the model it is launching?..look at the pic, it is over twice the size of the pig! 30mm seems too small, and makes it extremely easy to hide and still be fully effective!

I'm fairly certain I read somewhere that it should've been 50mm..

Either way it's not unheard of for Wyrd to change things slightly between the books and the stat cards when the model is finally released - especially base size - just take a look at Ryle and the Hunter for instance..

I'm fairly certain I read somewhere that it should've been 50mm..

Either way it's not unheard of for Wyrd to change things slightly between the books and the stat cards when the model is finally released - especially base size - just take a look at Ryle and the Hunter for instance..

Yeah Wodschow, that would make sense. 30mm base size just does not seem appropriate for the model considering what it is meant to represent.

Roll on V2 stat cards for Rising Powers!

Yeah Wodschow, that would make sense. 30mm base size just does not seem appropriate for the model considering what it is meant to represent.

Roll on V2 stat cards for Rising Powers!

To be honest its more of a case of role on version 1 stat card, and see what it actually looks like in print, when it has a base.

It was confirmed in another thread that the Pigapult will be on a 50mm base.

In game (I scratchbuilt one) it has proven pretty effective in persuading enemy crews not to bunch up, which can be bad if they need to bunch up to get their effects off. Although it is cheap at 4ss, you still need to add the Taxidermist-tax on top if you want to run one effectively.

Other great uses for it are to send Gremlins into table quarters or to Interact with objectives. They might die - just send another! Works brilliantly for Deliver A Message - Pigapult Post :)