tina teams

izikial

Ugh...the SoC is just SO expensive in a Tina list, and ultimately, the Essence of Power is SO much better. Use the Essence to cast Ice Pillars, which will free up one of Tina's AP, which is about the same as giving her Fast. Plus, then you get the :+fate on your damage flips, which is absolute murder with Rasputina.

I've been tending to drop the Golem from a lot of my Tina lists, but I suppose it really depends on what you're up against. If you are cool with Proxying figures, then I've really enjoyed running Kaeris with Rasputina. Failing that though, Hans tends to be one of my favorites. Not much else in the crew needs either :rams or :crows, so you can pretty much leave those for Hans to use. Lots of fun when you have a 19" range with the Headshot trigger. :D

I don't have a hoarcat pride, but I also personally don't see much use for them. I do use the Gamin quite a bit though, mostly because they are Ht 1 (easy to hide), non-Insignificant (great for Strategy stuff while Tina blows everything else up), and then they are only 4 points, so great for filling out your crew.

The crew I ran for a tournament back in March was:

0 Tina

2 Essence of Power

6 Silent One

6 Silent One

9 Hans

4 Ice Gamin

4 Ice Gamin

8 SS Cache

I've played her a good 10 times or so now, so not a mass amount but a fair bit. I have an upcoming tournament with proxies allowed though so my list has changed into this:

Rasputina (4ss)

Essence of Power

Ice Gamin x2

Silent One

Sabretooth Cerberus

Snowstorm

Snowstorm really ties the list together; he makes up for the lack of maneuverability. My only problem with this list is that it needs to clump up for all of the auras and powers to be effective which makes it tough for lots of strategy and scheme combinations, and once its deployed clumped up it doesn't have a lot of movement to get spread out again. About the best spread you can do is 1 Gamin and 1 Sabretooth as your split options.

Without Snowstorm, I found playing Rasputina an exercise in banging your head against a wall, but very fun when you can get her nukes off.

Ugh...the SoC is just SO expensive in a Tina list, and ultimately, the Essence of Power is SO much better.

I wouldn’t say it SO much more expensive, I was reluctant to try SOC for a long time because of comments like this. I finally gave it a shot and loved it. Especially with the Silent One. The extra AP on ANY model is good. As things move on the SOC will see more and more play with Rasputina. When snow storm comes out and we see 50 point games SOC will prevail. The essence is good booster, but fragile, any sort of :blast or :pulse takes it out. the SOC has more life and does not need to B2B with her. With the silent one first turn it moves 9 inches to be perfect shooting location to be the perfect mirror and use Raputinas Scheme. Another tactic is to use SOC far away from caster to be able to have longer range on ice pillars and have option of using fast on something to punch with.

my current choices for her totems are

1) SOC if I am playing Silent one as long as I have 5 SS left afterwards

2) Essence if I am playing with a couple frozen hearts

3) Wendigo if I am playing a force with virtually no Frozen hearts, usually a fun game, uncompetitive.

i just dont see the power of the soc, yh it gives you fast, but its an all action within 3", so if tina moves once she cant get it that turn, i just dotn see it for the cost, essence followes her around has a higher ca and a tome so can cast the ice pillers basicly giving tina fast cus of one more action, and the essence is 2 ss cheeper

I've been having decent success pairing Tina up with Von Shill (at least until we get Kaeris). He provides a fast solid hitter that can operate more or less independently from the rest of my guys.

Something like this:

Raspy - 7 Cache

Essence of Power

2x Ice Gamin

2x Silent One

Von Shill

Things may change when Snow Storm and Kaeris come out.

i see your point chocobo, but the essence can cast all three utility spells easy enough, so you only end up with an extra spell if you want to cast anothere curse (and why wouldnt you :) ), but i wouldnt have thought you would just want to curse three times in a turn, you will still need to drop your pillers and the like

hi just a thought for a crew

tina 8ss/5ss cache

essence of power 2ss

coryphee*2 14ss

silent one 6ss

ice golem 9ss/3 gamin 12 ss

the essence and silent one are self explanitory. The coryphee makes a duet and gets nuked by tina (bullet proof and evassive will mean it only takes one damage each time, and it can heal every turn) wial sliceing and diceing the enamy, also the duet gives her much laking manoverablility as it could split into two and go of and do objectives. and the golem/gamin are there as a guardian/speed bump for tina.

ow and just a unrelated thought, kearis should be able to take the brass aracnid, the idea of stokeing the fire is just to cool

hi just a thought for a crew

tina 8ss/5ss cache

essence of power 2ss

coryphee*2 14ss

silent one 6ss

ice golem 9ss/3 gamin 12 ss

the essence and silent one are self explanitory. The coryphee makes a duet and gets nuked by tina (bullet proof and evassive will mean it only takes one damage each time, and it can heal every turn) wial sliceing and diceing the enamy, also the duet gives her much laking manoverablility as it could split into two and go of and do objectives. and the golem/gamin are there as a guardian/speed bump for tina.

ow and just a unrelated thought, kearis should be able to take the brass aracnid, the idea of stokeing the fire is just to cool

Remember, you don't want to use the Coryphee as your primary target for Rasputina's Curse spell. The primary target of the spell does NOT take Blast damage, they take Direct damage. Only pieces that fall under the blast markers take that type of damage. So, yes, if the Coryphee happen to get caught in the middle of things, and a blast marker ends up over top of them, then they'll only take 1 Wd thanks to Evasive. But you definitely don't want to use them as your target to generate Blast Markers to hit other stuff. They will die WAY too quick that way. Otherwise, the Coryphee are a solid model with Raspy though, as they add some much needed speed to her when necessary. They aren't quite as strong as when they are matched with Colette, but they're still decent.

Kaeris can't use the Brass Arachnid because it says "Totem (Ramos)". So, it can only attach to Ramos. Not sure what you were hoping to Stoke though anyways, as Stoke only works on Constructs, which Kaeris, unfortunately, is not.

of all the box sets I think Rasputinas is probably the least effective. I'm guessing she will be good as a an additional model on top of the MSU (kaeris) when it comes out. The need for frozen hearts is not that great. if it didn't mean paying something like 5-6 extra SS I'd try her and the vonschill box.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Rasputina as a Master is easy to start with, but difficult to get good with. From the outset she seems to be a simple glass cannon but, from my point of view, she is so much more.

With the right minions she can move zip across the board or hold down an entire board half. Every time I play her I find new fun to be had.

My current fun is playing Raspy with Freikorps and it's great.

I just started being able to get in games with Raspy this weekend, and had a lot of fun with her starter, although I'm already not a fan of the Ice Gamin... never did like their models, and the most redeemable thing about them that I found in play was their Shatter ability. While handy, it's not a glowing recommendation... I did do a proxy game and found that a Freikorps Trapper made a great flanking threat with her. The guy needs no support at all, and for 7 points is a credible threat with a maximum threat range of 21". The one game I played on Saturday was against Nicodem, who had Destroy the Evidence, and I had Distract, and none of his models even made it onto my half of the board. I used a December Acolyte as bait on a flank, and then Rasputina and an Ice Golem held off and blew away most of his army (including a double Severe Red Joker on a December's Curse attack against Nicodem...dude turned into mist from full health, much to my amusement). I'm trying to figure out ways to get a fast moving list built around her and a pair of Silent Ones, using Raspy with Curse as the way to drop anything really heavy.