My Teddy and Faux painting diary

zero

So i have always loved the idea of teddy, but he always looked a little steamrolled... after messing wih greenstuff more often recently i had the courage to give it a go and pleased with the results...

i have always wanted to be more active on these boards but for some reason i havent found it to be natural yet, itll come... for now enjoy and fatten up your teddy... you know you want to..

photo-993.jpg

photo1-59.jpg

photo2-69.jpg

here's more of what i have been painting for Malifaux,

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114777

Edited by zero

That looks like as real good job mate, lovely paint job to top it all of as well.

Do you think the purple could do with a very light wash of something just to make the fur jump out a bit?

Did you do the bases yourself or are they brought as they really set off the model?

Edited by Mbbelius

Cheers for the reply, 121 views and ghost town..

yeah bases were green stuff and sculpted, I'm no pro but there are tutorials on cobblestone greenstuff which are great, this particular method was explain to me by a fellow hobbyist

I understand the wash effect but it doesn't like it when I do it, the model started looking different and I then had to bring it back, as the model is blended around rather than out? Hard to explain ( I probably don't have that level of painting skill to pull it off)

Thanks again for some interaction

Anyone else fattened up teddy? Kade seems alot happier these days ;)

• 1 month later...

hey guys, well i have updated my other thread (linked in first post) a few pieces, insidious/essence a supply wagon and Hamelin.....

suddenly im feeling productive.... has it really been over a month? shame on me....

photo2-84.jpg

photo1-71.jpg

photo2-80.jpg

Check out other thread for more pics' enjoy

• 1 month later...
Great looking models! What did you use to make the stagecoach?

its the Battle for skull pass cart, I use it as a supply wagon

Thanks guys, awesome response! i love that each figure has so much character... almost like painting a warcaster/hero/captain for every figure, just love it.

i have been working on some destroy the evidence markers which are nearly finished, just need to push them a little further as the comp is hot

ill post some pics shortly.

as you know my Teddy was given alot of love but im sure the nightmare version will tear it apart... (here's hoping as i plan to get a few of them)

• 4 months later...

Hey guys... well im sorry i have been quiet, got married in September and didnt realise it had been 6 months without updates.. well here is what i have painted, all of it painted/constructed in the last month.

WIP Toolkit

photo-2111.jpg

Line in the Sand markers

photo-1257.jpg

the start of my marcus crew (painted models were not by me, i seeked to paint to add to the start)

photo-1032.jpg

Silurids WIP

photo-2010.jpg

Amarcus afoot his plith - Typical MAN VS WILD - or Constructed by man vs Beast

photo1-106.jpgphoto-724.jpg

a travel malifaux board

photo1-107.jpgphoto2-116.jpg

Silurids DONE

photo1-109.jpg

WIP shikome and done Large arachnid

photo-1850.jpg

Shikome done