Off Topic Playground

No no, that's not the reason no one plays it here...actually, a lot of us love the new armies. We hate 8th edition.

Well, you know there's something wrong with a game when 1 edition makes elite armies and vampires pretty much useless :( I refuse to play it myself, I bought the small rule book, read it, threw it aside and not looked at it since. Instead the gaming group I'm in that played WFB adapted Warhammer Ancients and play that in 28mm :)

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHOCOBO!!! I hope the zombie heads on sticks woke you up nice and early singing to you :D

Well, you know there's something wrong with a game when 1 edition makes elite armies and vampires pretty much useless :( I refuse to play it myself, I bought the small rule book, read it, threw it aside and not looked at it since. Instead the gaming group I'm in that played WFB adapted Warhammer Ancients and play that in 28mm :)

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHOCOBO!!! I hope the zombie heads on sticks woke you up nice and early singing to you :D

But thats what i love about the new rulesset...that hordes of infantry are the way forward...sort of feels more of what a battle should feel like? But it does sort of smell like a ploy to sell more models lol!

I hated those 'elite' armies..the deathstars, the ten figure armies. 6th/7th edition really put me off.

As for VC, yeah the new rules kinda cuddle a lot of their potency, but they'll be getting a new book soon (if rumours are true) so expect to see them up in the higher tiers soon!

Umm... I think they hid in the wrong cake, the cake they were supposed to jump out of is over there...

~Points to said giant cake which Ramos suddenly pops out of and eats all the flying bits of cake showering the thread before running off~

ABs, I won't be getting the new VC book, I refuse to pay that much for a army book. Though I may download it to take a look, but they need a severe boost since they seem to get tabled very quickly these days. The (base) game just doesn't allow enough magic to keep them going :( As I keep explaining to people that keep saying "8E is the best yet for balance", the "new" books are balanced, the game itself is atrocious. Unless VC get a special rule to allow them extra power dice, I don't see them being able to get any better.

Edited by LonelyPath

Umm... I think they hid in the wrong cake, the cake they were supposed to jump out of is over there...

~Points to said giant cake which Ramos suddenly pops out of and eats all the flying bits of cake showering the thread before running off~

ABs, I won't be getting the new VC book, I refuse to pay that much for a army book. Though I may download it to take a look, but they need a severe boost since they seem to get tabled very quickly these days. The (base) game just doesn't allow enough magic to keep them going :( As I keep explaining to people that keep saying "8E is the best yet for balance", the "new" books are balanced, the game itself is atrocious. Unless VC get a special rule to allow them extra power dice, I don't see them being able to get any better.

I don't think they'll get a special rule as such, but maybe necromancers or vampires will get n attribute or rule that allows for extra dice.... or maybe they will have some sort of overhaul that will allow the army to operate in the current climate? Guess its a case of wait and see!

And yeah, the cost of new army books is horrendous. Thats why I don't buy them...only the dwarf one when it gets redone.

I'm just glad I was able to borrow the Tomb Kings army book, I wasn't very impressed in how they were redone. I still find it amusing that all of the WFB vets in my area all quit playing coz of 8th edition and many who didn't play 40k took that up instead, the only people still wanting to play WFB came in with 8th edition.

I'm just glad I was able to borrow the Tomb Kings army book, I wasn't very impressed in how they were redone. I still find it amusing that all of the WFB vets in my area all quit playing coz of 8th edition and many who didn't play 40k took that up instead, the only people still wanting to play WFB came in with 8th edition.

Yeah a lot of people do seem to have dropped by the wayside, but it seems the new edition has been accepted favourably overall..from what i see on the Warhammer forum anyway!

But everyone will have their narks i guess, especially those whose armies are currently affected by the new rules to a detriment. I am quite happy, as i play dwarfs and the new charge rules benefit me greatly!

*dodges cake flying around*

Well then. Not the sort of gooey thing I'd like to hit with by a gamer girl :-(

What's cracking me up about the 8e discussion is what it,s done in my local gaming community. The rules set has brought back a TON of people that stopped playing in 6e and 7e. We now have tournaments at the store I work at that so an two days and have forty people. Our 40k tournaments are eight people usually. I guess you just won't please everyone.

Personally I won't play that companies two major games. I'd rather 'play LotR and War of the Ring, I think they're both much better games than their other main lines. I'd sill rather stick to Mordheim, Necromunda or Gorka Morka. Likely those will only last until we get persistent campaign rules for Malifaux, which in my mind is a FAR superior system.

Aaaaand *throws a cup of punch on TheOneWhoFell*

~hides behind my comfy chair, which is inside a tent so it doesn't get splatted by cakes, icecream or anything else that's thrown~

heheheh.

~Ramos bursts back in and leaps about like Yoda catching and gobbling down all the cakes that people are throwing~

Great, now there's no getting rid of him...

~The fake cake explodes and thousands of mech. spiders in tutus and party hats start crawling out~

~hides behind my comfy chair, which is inside a tent so it doesn't get splatted by cakes, icecream or anything else that's thrown~

heheheh.

~Ramos bursts back in and leaps about like Yoda catching and gobbling down all the cakes that people are throwing~

Great, now there's no getting rid of him...

~The fake cake explodes and thousands of mech. spiders in tutus and party hats start crawling out~

Hmmmm...

*Activates 'Spider-swatter attachment*

Whee..this is fun SPLAT!! SPLAT!!!