Off Topic Playground

These is no set uniform for Goth, it;'s more about being yourself than fitting in to any group. Also, those that tell you that it's about the music don't really know what they're on about either (and dont get me started on Dark Wave, or Electronica as we called it, lol).

Yeah, Goth I think it a term VERY loosely used.. I guess to me real goth is The Cure, Fields of the Nephilim, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy etc..

When I saw "The Cure" live there were a number those Marilyn Manson type fans who were getting evil looks from the diehard Robert Smith followers! :D

I myself like my music the way I take my tea or Coffee... BLACK! :D

I myself like my music the way I take my tea or Coffee... BLACK! :D

Black metal, music of black origin? Rap? I am curious to know!

g'morning to ya all. :)

For some reason, I've got a killer headache this morning. Haven't slept well the past 2-3 days. :(

I'm almost done reading Twisting Fates though. :)

Can't think how those things may be related........ ;)

Regnak, the Cure were New Romantic, though they did have a strong following among Goths (including myself!). I'm a fan of much music though, I'll as happily listen to Erasure, Adam and the Ants, The Specials, Sisters, Cradle of Filth, Napalm Death, Yype O Neg., Depeche Mode, Shaman, Tyr, Alestorm, The Stones, etc. A odd thing though is that I attended Marilyn Manson's first ever UK show (when they were still called Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids... plus this was before MM wore make up too!) and bought the early (signed copy) Portrait of a American Family at the show. Still the best album they ever did if you ask me.

As for having a effect on the ladies, I wish I got reactions that good around here, lol!

Regnak, the Cure were New Romantic, though they did have a strong following among Goths (including myself!). I'm a fan of much music though, I'll as happily listen to Erasure, Adam and the Ants, The Specials, Sisters, Cradle of Filth, Napalm Death, Yype O Neg., Depeche Mode, Shaman, Tyr, Alestorm, The Stones, etc. A odd thing though is that I attended Marilyn Manson's first ever UK show (when they were still called Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids... plus this was before MM wore make up too!) and bought the early (signed copy) Portrait of a American Family at the show. Still the best album they ever did if you ask me.

As for having a effect on the ladies, I wish I got reactions that good around here, lol!

Ah see... I got it wrong ;) Thats what happens when I try to label stuff :D

Yeah, I like alot of music also.. really into my soundtrack stuff and also more folky stuff...

Someone say METAL?!

6256_1111398030445_1391709017_30295867_1366983_n.jpg

Me with a few friends at Bloodstock 09 :D

This should be renamed the LonelyPath Photo thread! :D

Actually, is there one of those "Post a pic of yourself" type threads?

Only been to Bloodstock once years back... when Children of Bodom where the headliners... and it was inside... Used to go to Wacken in Germany alot but haven't been in nearly 5 years now! :(

Edit: oh and are you just extremely tall or are your friends short? :D

@Spoilers: JUSTICE IS STILL ALIVE!!! Hahahaha!

*dances like he is the happiest man alive!*

METAL Sir... METAL! :D

Not my bag I'm afraid...I like most forms of music but I just can't get into anything like that....I did used to like Paradise Lost though many many years ago!

My favourite bands are REM, Faith No More, The Stone Roses, Wu-tang Clan to name a few...so pretty diverse!

This should be renamed the LonelyPath Photo thread! :D

Actually, is there one of those "Post a pic of yourself" type threads?

Only been to Bloodstock once years back... when Children of Bodom where the headliners... and it was inside... Used to go to Wacken in Germany alot but haven't been in nearly 5 years now! :(

Edit: oh and are you just extremely tall or are your friends short? :D

A "Post a pic of yourself" thread would be a good one to have on here. Maybe someone should start one?

Yeah, I went to a couple of the indoors BOA's myself, in fact I went to the same one you did. They then started the outdoor as well and later phased out the indoor venue. Never been to Wacken, sadly it's a bit far for me to travel and outside my budget :(

I am pretty tall, but I do New Rocks which add 3" to my height. Nickie (the girl with the black hair's) short if you ask me, Dave (th other guy) is about 5' 9 or 5' 10 I think. I'm not to good with remembering how tall people are, I have enough difficulty remembering names, heheh.

Me also. Really liked Paradise lost up to the sudden change into Synth stuff...

Yeah, liked the first two albums..can't remember what they are called lol, or what songs were on them but i did like them at the time...seen them live twice around then too. Talking 93/94/95 I think!

I preferred the more punkier stuff like Downset, Biohazard, DogeatDog etc........

Oh and Life of Agony!

Oh and Suicidal Tendencies!!!