Off Topic Playground

True. There was an elaborate ceremony which important courtier was allowed to wake him up in the morning and assist him with his morning shit. It was a great honor.

Imagine that today:

Obama: "Well, Hillary, you have succeeded in the battle of influence, and are thus allowed to hold my hand why I take the first shit tomorrow morning."

Clinton: "God bless America!"

I'm pretty sure that is the exact description of the UK and USA's political engagement

Funny note: The Romans stole their pantheon of deities from the Greeks, just like they stole their architecture and rewrote their history to say they invented it. #ArtHistory

In that fact Rome was pretty much like the USA, stealing a lot of culture from other countries and calling the mishmash it's own. ;)

Funny note: The Romans stole their pantheon of deities from the Greeks, just like they stole their architecture and rewrote their history to say they invented it. #ArtHistory

Sounds like the Chinese, they claim to have invented everything

In that fact Rome was pretty much like the USA, stealing a lot of culture from other countries and calling the mishmash it's own. ;)

Yeah, they were notorious for beating everyone down, taking what they liked, and after victory allowing them to keep their culture and calling themselves civilized. Vae victis might be the most appropriate Roman proverb ever.

Like America which not only comes to your country and kills your people, they come back ten years later to make a movie about who bad their soldiers had it because they had to kill your people. :D

The one difference between Rome and America is that Rome didn't have any desire of regulating or spreading religion.

I am now seriously starting to get grated by Ferossa and I feel bad for doing so.

If everything she says has happened to her then that is truly horrible and I understand the bitterness and anger.  And to have the authorities either not do anything or have their hands tied due to these slimeballs sticking together is shocking.

However, reading her posts is now making me feel that she has a crusade against all male gamers and the gaming industry in general.  Maybe I am lucky but I have never come across anything like she has experienced in my gaming life (30 years), never seen examples of sexism, racism etc. 

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but the tone of her posts suggest to me that it happens everywhere.

The last remark about her 'babies and men' post made me angry.  she is claiming that she was directing it at those sleazeballs that we all want to get rid of, but re-reading the original post she says men in general. 

That and her subsequent postings gives me the impression that because of her terrible past she now hates men. Justifiably, but it seems like she is using this to tar us all, no matter what rational argument is put back to her.

Its a tricky subject and I feel bad for feeling like I do, which is why I am offloading in here rather than that thread as I know it would be misconstrued.

Sorry,

Taken with the likely intent not to replace.

Something the UK would never, ever do..in the past and in the future.  Obviously.

;)

Or Germany. We all totally do not have a shady history.

Hey we discovered those places its not our fault that people were already living there

Okay, that excuse totally doesn't count for Germany. Granted.

Democracy* is a gift in itself.

*Actual results may vary

It worked exactly once, and only in a country that had had democracy before.

Okay, that excuse totally doesn't count for Germany. Granted.

It worked exactly once, and only in a country that had had democracy before.

Ok so I am curious about this and have been for a while, do you get taught about WWI and WWII in schools? And how is it taught?

Ok so I am curious about this and have been for a while, do you get taught about WWI and WWII in schools? And how is it taught?

That is a really interesting question that I'll be happy to discuss... sadly, I'm off to said counselling. I'll come back to this later, if you'll kindly remind me. Thanks for asking.

• Like 1