Off Topic Playground

He speaks almost fluent Cantonese. I think it's Cantonese. It's Cantonese, right?

That was also the best joke ever in Shadowrun. Bilingual quality, speaks two languages as Native: Mandarin and Japanese. His matrix avatar had a plug-in like Toshi from American Dad, always subtitled in chats. 

lol, yes, it's Cantonese. :P

I MISS THAT CHARACTER! ;)

I can't say I'm terribly excited to give Monty Python's Fantasy Battles a try, but my friends will want to, so I'm sure I will.

I kinda wanted to start a off-topic topic of what-if Malifaux, Age of Seamus abilities that would be on cards.

All showgirls have +1 mv while you are wearing a tutu.

Copycat killer has  :+fate to hit per tophat you are wearing, no maximum.

If you are wearing a teddy, the first Teddy in your crew is free.

Speaking and moving your mouth like a badly dubbed Kung Fu movie gives all models that are part of the Ten Thunders faction in your crew +1 Df. 

*like*

Light sabres? ;)

Beat me to it

I've always felt that Wyrd was leaving Earthside as a potential branch for new game stuff. Tons of potential- TtB campaign material, a Malifaux: Earthside minigame that's standalone yet cross-compatible with Malifaux, a separate Black Powder Wars wargame, and so on.

Kinda like how, if 40k's sales ever dip too low, they will pull the ace that's been up their sleeve since the beginning- kill the Emperor.

Black Powder Wars is supposed to be one of the TTB expansions in coming years, so we'll know eventually! I know I'll be curious, that's for sure. Also Crush, I kinda hate you right now. ;) You did all that far better than I ever could have, I'm a little jealous!

You'd be surprised how hard it is to come up with that many consequences on how history would alter if you change one thing at the right time. I didn't even think through the whole Louisiana Purchase or any of the westward expansions like that. My brain still had Texas belonging to the US, not Mexico, but that isn't necessarily the case.

Yeah, those kinds of things just confuse me, lol. Which is why I do fantasy and scifi for my writing, I don't have to worry about how history wouldn't have happened because I'm working on the first draft of that history and that's it, lol.

I did, it made me laugh, lol.

It's one of those days where I know the meds are doing something with my brain because I took them, but they don't seem to be helping symptoms very well, lol. I'm taking the optimistic view that it would be much worse without them for now, it's less likely to spiral my brain out.

So, what're you up to today, Dirial? Any plans?

I have job counseling, with a new counselor. Somewhat nervous.

Planning on designing a ressource to play around with for my board game, too.

You?

I am currently at work for another few hours, then off to home where I can hopefully get some writing accomplished. I've got some good momentum going, would hate to lose it because of a bad day, lol.

What kind of resource are you considering? Something to build with or something for the players to use for rerolls/special actions/ etc

The latter. But instead of just being awesome when you have it and suck when you don't, I want to include some risk/reward calculations by the players. I think that it'll be a resource that accumulates instead of vanishing when it's used. The player will be better at certain actions when he has a lot of it, but worse at others. And the monsters will attack harder or prefer to attack when players have a lot of it.

I'm thinking of calling it Momentum, incidently.

So, what are you writing at the moment?

If you do stats, maybe have it be that you can apply a point of momentum to a particular stat, but have to subtract from another one. Could use colored beads to keep track of it. So, for instance, increased armor but slower movement, or extra damage but easier for magic to hit you. And then maybe burn all of it at once for a big bonus, but then it's all gone and you're starting over?

I'm working on a scifi story at the moment. Current section is a group of mercenaries helping a ship deal with pirates, but I've also got plans for some stuff with medical sciences and old conspiracies. So far I'm about eight pages in and it's going well. At least I think it is, lol.

Interesting ideas. I'll consider that.

Do you read Mass Effect fan fiction? I liked the style of this particular one:

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2568280/bofomania

He is interesting because he writes lengthy author's notes on the original plot of the game and why he changes things. He also takes his time to write...

I'm not really sure about his writing skills of course. Anyone who writes moderately good English seems pretty good to me. My English is okay, but I fail to see the nuances that differentiates the good ones from the great ones.