Off Topic Playground

Well Thankfully I avoided the Eye of Aauron.

I've been distracted today because I've been writing my wedding speech this morning. It's coming along quite nicely. Though I've been told I only had about 5 mins, mine is currently looking like it'll be at least 10! We've got big families and there's so many people to thank. Looks like I'll have to trim some fat at some point. Still.. I'm only on my first draft so I'll time it and see how it goes then trim from there I guess. 

Any tips Dirial?

BEST. GIF. EVER.

Also, eff me standing, I JUST walked in the door and already I need to fix five mistakes that were not caused by me or my department because I am the only person here. 

And if Aauron is watching, can we have today's preview by 2 pm Eastern? 

The curse of being competent.

Don't care when, but I want Forgotten Marshal, Queeg, Brutal Emissary, or Changeling. Not necessarily in that order.

BEST. GIF. EVER.

Also, eff me standing, I JUST walked in the door and already I need to fix five mistakes that were not caused by me or my department because I am the only person here. 

Make it 2pm GMT. That's 45 mins away! ;)

I have a tip *thats what he said* for speeches - five minutes is a VERY long time when writing something to be read aloud. I would thank everyone you could in the beginning, get about 3-5 quick anecdotes in the middle, and then end with your undying devotion and faithful love, etc, etc, and finally thank your wife for giving you the honor of spending the rest of your life with her. 

Make the whole crowd go "awwwwww" before the applause

have you been married?  ;)

That is pretty much spot on!

I actually got my wife to proof read most of mine..apart from the soppy bits obviously!

Our wedding was spread over 3 days!

The Friday was the actual service where we only had immediate family and a couple of good friends.

Saturday night we had the main shindig where other family and friends came

Sunday was a family breakfast and then off on honeymoon (just my wife and me , not the family!)

No Austringers were present, sadly. 

• Like 1

I only WISH I had an Austringer performance at my wedding.  How awesome would that be?

I did have a friend sing a song he had written at some point during the dinner.  And we had two fire alarms... had to go outside twice.  In the snow.  It was a memorable and oddly perfect night :P

I have some tips MD.

"Tonight. I'm a f*** the s*** out of you, my love." and that's it. Mic drop.

Rejected!!

No wedding speech for me. Others did the talking.

Why are you thanking so many other people?

WHAT?! You managed to dodge that one! Lots of people have helped out either via time and effort or just money so we want to make sure they know it's appreciated. Apparently it's also the done thing over here. 

EDIT - NO GOD DAMNED AUSTRINGERS!  :angry: