Off Topic Playground

My weekend was decent. Mad Max was better than the hype, I slept all yesterday, and managed to get all my chores and food prep done last night, so yay to that.

PD, it involved an American (me, duh) astrophysicist living and working somewhere in the UK who returned from a space station disaster involving an unknown cause as one of the handful of survivors. He is confronted by men in suits and his wife is killed in a crossfire in a public place. While the police respond to the scene, his toddler son is kidnapped, and the man starts to remember flashes of what happened on the station - the face of one of the men is familiar, and part of the disaster.

While giving his information to a female inspector, he realizes her face was there too. Withholds information on purpose, steals a car with the driver still in it. Then freak weather events begin happening involving lightning with "shapes" floating along in the sky, only visible as if cloaked.

My dreams, while rarer than unicorns, are insanely vivid.

This is actually pretty interesting. 

They are single handedly saving televised drama... bless you, $8 monthly recurring charge.

I like Netflix but there is still some damn fine TV on at the moment

Arrow (Just finished 3rd series here :( )

Flash

The Following

Penny Dreadful

Bates Motel

Vikings

Gotham (shush! I like it!)

Marvel's Agents of Shield

Game of Thrones

Just to name a few of the things I'm watching at the moment. My TV box is constantly running out of space with the amount of awesome TV being recorded. 

Thanks. The dream even ended like a pilot episode's midway point. Storm rolls in, cloaked giant stingray without tails "leading" it, everyone looking up.

That is always lame. 

My dreams usually have an midpoint and ending, but no beginning. Which is kinda weird.

Arrow (Just finished 3rd series here :( )  - Don't like the storyline

Flash - Don't find the hero sympathetic

The Following - Not seen it

Penny Dreadful - That is a damn good series

Bates Motel - Not seen it. Sounds like a Psycho remake

Vikings - Good stuff, but a little wooden in the dialogues

Gotham (shush! I like it!) - The premise doesn't speak to me

Marvel's Agents of Shield - First season sucked but it's getting better

Game of Thrones - I stopped watching it when I realized they were making adaptations from the books. I'm not entirely opposed to that, but they are doing the wrong ones. They fucked up the House of the Undying so bad.....

Interesting concept Crush.

That reminds me, as well as continuing the dashing adventures of Absolution Black I need to start scripting my 'graphic novel'...then find an artist to do the concepts/draw it completely.

I have had the idea for a long time, and as far as I know no-one else has put out similar.

All I will say is that it involves sort of superhumans, but will be dark..very dark.

Think zFiend x 10.

That reminds me, as well as continuing the dashing adventures of Absolution Black I need to start scripting my 'graphic novel'...then find an artist to do the concepts/draw it completely.

I have had the idea for a long time, and as far as I know no-one else has put out similar.

All I will say is that it involves sort of superhumans, but will be dark..very dark.

Think zFiend x 10.

So basically it's going to be banned right off the get go!

It's a really interesting show. It's about a serial killer who leads a cult who are inspired by E.A Poe the Kevin Bacon's character is hell bent of catching said killer due to their past etc. It was something I really got into. They are airing the 3rd series at the moment. 

Think zFiend x 10.

I don't think I like to imagine zFiend x10.

• Like 1

The Following first season was very good.

I started on the second and thought they should have left it at the end of the first.

Whilst the 2nd series was watchable I agree. They could and probably should have left it after the first series. 

As for the Graphic novel being banned ..well, lets just say it won't be for young audiences!

Aaah so you are using both meanings for "Graphic" there. Really you should be calling it a Graphic, Graphic novel :D

Someone tried to get me into The Following, and when asked who was in it, she said Kevin Bacon.

I looked at her blankly and replies, "... Kevin Bacon, the star of Tremors?"

#Denied

Hey..Tremors is a good film!!

Fact. Tremors is one of the most entertaining trash films of all time.