Off Topic Playground

Oh, my wife doesn't want children now. She's pretty happy with her career and her freedom. I'm more keen on children than her.

It's other people! Well, you're married for 6 weeks now, have you thought about children? Waaaaaaaaahhhh!

You aren't a good dancer? What do you do? Waltz? Rumba?

Oh, my wife doesn't want children now. She's pretty happy with her career and her freedom. I'm more keen on children than her.

It's other people! Well, you're married for 6 weeks now, have you thought about children? Waaaaaaaaahhhh!

You aren't a good dancer? What do you do? Waltz? Rumba?

My Fiance is pretty much the same, she's married to her job. I often have to miss out on quality time with her because she just will not leave her work at work. She knows how I feel on the matter but sometimes she needs reminding. Also.. hiding her phone helps ;)

Hahaha yeah I've had those discussions already! Mainly from my Mum, she's quite keen to have grandchildren from her two sons and at the moment I'm looking like her only chance for that happening. 

Nope! Definitely not, I hate dancing. The closest thing to dancing I've ever done is moshing at a metal gig or stumbling around at a rave blind drunk. 

Hahaha yeah I've had those discussions already! Mainly from my Mum, she's quite keen to have grandchildren from her two sons and at the moment I'm looking like her only chance for that happening.

Our parents know exactly that we don't want to hear about it. It's our grandparents, and "friends of the family" that annoy me the most. "We thought, maybe you were pregnant and got married because of it." - "Really? We announced our wedding nine months in advance! Don't you think that wouldn't make much sense?"

Grrrr!

Nope! Definitely not, I hate dancing. The closest thing to dancing I've ever done is moshing at a metal gig or stumbling around at a rave blind drunk. 

My wife and I started taking dance lessons almost a year before the wedding (and 3 months before the engagement). I was pretty much like you. But then, we looked for an activity we could do, just the two of us. Most sports see one getting better faster than the other, but with dancing, one can only get better together. We're still taking lessons once a week, and it's lots of fun.

Also, made the opening dance a cake walk.

My wife and I started taking dance lessons almost a year before the wedding (and 3 months before the engagement). I was pretty much like you. But then, we looked for an activity we could do, just the two of us. Most sports see one getting better faster than the other, but with dancing, one can only get better together. We're still taking lessons once a week, and it's lots of fun.

Also, made the opening dance a cake walk.

This has been suggested but to be honest with you I really don't like dancing. I don't find dancing even remotely inspiring or entertaining. I'll just sort of blag it on the night, the Mrs expects as much as is happy that I'm actually prepared to do it. (My life would be a living hell if I didn't though! ;) )

Little MD's..?

"Vikkies to the face daddy!" "daddy look, Whirlwind!" shrudders..

This is my idea of a dream! Of course being me the kids wont be allowed to win! They have to earn that right. :D

This has been suggested but to be honest with you I really don't like dancing. I don't find dancing even remotely inspiring or entertaining. I'll just sort of blag it on the night, the Mrs exacts as much as is happy that I'm actually prepared to do it. (My life would be a living hell if I didn't though! ;) )

Well, I thought so, too, but suit yourself. Anyway, do you do something specific and do you know your steps already?

Well, I thought so, too, but suit yourself. Anyway, do you do something specific and do you know your steps already?

Nope, I know literally nothing about dancing. I've never danced with a woman, I always avoided it so I have no idea what I'm doing. I'll probably just hold her close and sort of sway a little bit. :D

HAHAHA! 

Now I envision MD letting his kids play something like Justice and him playing the Vikkies and beating them 10-0 in every game. 

That's pretty much how it's going to go down. My children wont be wrapped in cotton wool and protected from the harsh realities of the world. They need to learn that losing is a part of life and if they want to win they'll need to earn it! :D

morning everybody. 

6 weeks? I thought it would take 3 days before people started to rant about it.

Morning! 

I know right, I'm expecting the children rants to start whilst I'm away after my wedding. 

Learn a Rumba on youtube. It's really easy and looks good. Also, it's a Latin dance, so it isn't as much about proper poise.

Like this:

Doesn't have to be that much ass shaking involved as in the video. Dance teachers are pricks.  :D

You guys are gross!

Keep it up!

And dancing, oh man I love dancing...my wife keeps saying we should start dancing again but getting babysitters we can trust (or who Lily won't twist around her finger lol) is the stopping factor.

We did a foxtrot based dance for our first dance.  To Jack Johnson's 'Better Together'.

Went down a storm, but then we both have natural rhythym..which helps!

Quite fancy going all latin next..

We did a foxtrot based dance for our first dance.  To Jack Johnson's 'Better Together'.

I really love the Foxtrot. It's so smooth...

We did a classical Vienese Waltz to 'Nothing Else Matters' for about half a minute, and changed it to Discofox 'I Was Made For Loving You' after.

See, when I see people dancing my automatic response is to think "GAY!" and my attention just drifts off to other more important things like which crew to buy next or how I'm going to destroy some filthy ressers. Dancing just isn't my thing. 

Dancing is actually good fun, and I found it good for letting off steam..wouldn't do it seriously though like in competitions!

See, when I see people dancing my automatic response is to think "GAY!" and my attention just drifts off to other more important things like which crew to buy next or how I'm going to destroy some filthy ressers. Dancing just isn't my thing. 

Yeah, reasonable. A man and a woman dancing, with the man in command. Gayest thing ever.  :D

Dancing is actually good fun, and I found it good for letting off steam..wouldn't do it seriously though like in competitions!

Professional dancers are pricks as well.