Off Topic Playground

Not bad. Doing some revisions to the RPG.

I loved reading the little bit you put up about the adventure, I hope you continue to do so!

I'm doing well. Didn't eat too much more than usual, so survived without problems. Right now, up and about way early for the Star Wars RPG session today.

What are you changing?

Malifaux the game is pretty light on stats, and trying to reverse engineer them from what's on the cards has been a bit tricky. Instead, I'm doing an Attribute-Sub Attribute system (I posted the first draft of my notes on the RPG blog entry), and adding a skill system. I plan to streamline a lot of this into fewer stats to track, but I always like to work backwards from stuff.

ed, a Skype-run Malifaux RPG sounds fun. Now I just need to get a web cam, mic, etc to use it, lol.

Slowed down on the painting side of things it seems (still have 2 Malifaux crews and other assorted bits to paint, not to mention some terrain, etc) and only got 4 kids and 10 female sci-fi soldiers finished this week. Still, it's better than nothing. Seems I have found out that Charmed is the best thing to have on whilst painting, you certainly don't get distracted by the show as it gets dull pretty quickly, lol. Well, it works like that for me ;) I have also expanding the minis I have for my All Flesh game wit ha order to Hasslefree (mainly for those hazard suit minis as I have ideas for them) and I'll be adding some zombified children to my collection very soon.

It is weird though. I have zombie deer, bulls, gorgons, dragons, minotaurs, elves, etc but 1 zombified child! I have to rectify the matter and soon. Studio Miniatures, here I come!

That was a blast. Haven't had an RPG session that fun in a long time. Only three players, but oh man, it works so well. All three of us are playing different versions of sneaky and clever, but we're able to think our way through situations so well that it doesn't matter. Oh how I've missed pen and paper RPGs... *grin*

Wow, I liked your post without actually trying! I'm impressed by my skills...

Sounds like fun Ed, you enjoying your time off work then?

(Oh, and 39358 by the way *wink*)

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

I wish I had the time to play call of Cthulhu on paper. That one just seems like hilarity to me. And GMing it would allow me to let out my more deranged side.

Pah, knowing the rules is a crutch for players that rely on skill. I prefer to abuse the laws of luck, chance and probability!

I like stuff that has good psychological stuff going on. Deathwatch was fun, but it was too easy to just do the same thing over and over. Ignite jump pack, fail to control it, point lightning claws in front of you, kebab enemies, repeat