Off Topic Playground

Morning PD!

I was alive all weekend, juts not online.... Although, at some point when my wife forced me on a short trek over some mountain, just to get a lovely view, I was quite sure to expire. I didn't, much to my relief.

It was, to some extent. Whole weekend was very cool. But when my wife proposed "a short walk to enjoy the landscape" a mere 4 hours before our train went, I should have known I was in for a world of hurt.

why? That does sound like a short walk ;)

It was, but you don't understand the logic of my wife. If she wants an 8 hour hike, but only has 2 hours, she compresses the whole experience so that the 2 hours walk is every bit as exhausting as the 8 hours hike would have been. I prefer that level of physical exhaustion stretched over 8 hours, for sure.

Seriously, PD, some advice: If you get a girlfriend and really like her hot, sporty, slim body... consider how she got it and what she does to maintain it. Chances are you'll do the same things shortly, like it or not.

• Like 1

Morning all! I have returned from my little jaunt away with the Mrs (officially the Mrs now :D). I hope you guys are all well and I hope things remained utterly insane in my absence. 

Congratulations on your marriage! I hope things went well.

You did miss the 100000th off-topic post!

Congratulations on your marriage! I hope things went well.

You did miss the 100000th off-topic post!

Thanks PD! They did go well, very very well. It was a perfect day and the last week has been amazing as well. I'm pretty bummed to be back at work now though :(

I did notice I'd missed that as well as the 5000 page posts. We will just have to work hard to get to 10000 pages now! :D

Morning, MD.

We had our little jubilees, 100,000 posts and 5,000 pages, but apart from that, it was quite normal.

Congratulations, again!

I assume you say normal you mean normal for this place? 

Thanks Dirial. I'm officially in the married man's club now... any perks or just a life time of "Yes Dear, No Dear"? :D

Thanks PD! They did go well, very very well. It was a perfect day and the last week has been amazing as well. I'm pretty bummed to be back at work now though :(

I did notice I'd missed that as well as the 5000 page posts. We will just have to work hard to get to 10000 pages now! :D

Thanks Dirial. I'm officially in the married man's club now... any perks or just a life time of "Yes Dear, No Dear"? :D

Aside from having a woman in your life? :D

Of course I mean that. What did you think?

The only perk (aside from scratching door knobs with a ring) I have yet discovered is chasing away strippers. Aside from personal bliss, of course.

How is it going? Good weekends?

I'll let a slightly younger version of me tell the story:

I was alive all weekend, just not online.... Although, at some point when my wife forced me on a short trek over some mountain, just to get a lovely view, I was quite sure to expire. I didn't, much to my relief.

It was, to some extent. Whole weekend was very cool. But when my wife proposed "a short walk to enjoy the landscape" a mere 4 hours before our train went, I should have known I was in for a world of hurt.

It was, but you don't understand the logic of my wife. If she wants an 8 hour hike, but only has 2 hours, she compresses the whole experience so that the 2 hours walk is every bit as exhausting as the 8 hours hike would have been. I prefer that level of physical exhaustion stretched over 8 hours, for sure.

Seriously, PD, some advice: If you get a girlfriend and really like her hot, sporty, slim body... consider how she got it and what she does to maintain it. Chances are you'll do the same things shortly, I you like it or not.