Off Topic Playground

Bah, accuracy is overrated. It's all about saturating an area with arrows! *grin*

I quite want to learn longbow, although I reckon I should learn more than the minimal basics of normal archery first. Might be safer that way.

Speaking as someone who shoots both Longbow and recurve (badly I'll grant you, but I shoot both) theres not really much advantage in starting recurve and then changing to longbow unless you want to use the recurve bow to build up the muscles, as the longbow is typically much harder to pull back. And more expensive to change its pull (weight) as you need to buy a whole new bow rather than just new limbs.

Its pretty much the aiming that differs in the skills, and to an extent you can swap that across as well.

Good to hear, cheers Adran. Might have to see what goes on around here...

I'm still a little unnerved by the waif of a girl I knew back in Leeds who shot a longbow that I (at 6'2 and after years of martial arts, airsoft and various things hardly a weakling) struggled to draw. Where she hid the muscles for it I'll never know, there wasn't much to her!

Afternoon all!

My Henrietta Jekyll mini arrived today (nice box for it too) numbered 92 of 260 (didn't think there was that few printed of them) so she'll be joining my collection of 32mm Steampunk girls. Also begin painting my Studio McVey Azumi and put a order in for another in case I mess it up. Good thing I have gained some self control these days or i might have spent £100 on that store today, lol!

Good to hear, cheers Adran. Might have to see what goes on around here...

I'm still a little unnerved by the waif of a girl I knew back in Leeds who shot a longbow that I (at 6'2 and after years of martial arts, airsoft and various things hardly a weakling) struggled to draw. Where she hid the muscles for it I'll never know, there wasn't much to her!

Sounds like my type of girl

Working away, which today translates to, surprise surprise, desk work! Still, meeting at 4 and should be getting things moving from there on.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

What you been up to monkey?