Off Topic Playground

So, someone just called me out for stroking my ego by  giving newbie advice.... so I'll probably cease that for a time. Pity.

You can read it that way I suppose. Or you can read it as myyrä gave advice and you and Ludwig ran in posting useless shit stroking myyrä's ego instead of sticking to the point and giving actual advice from which you were called out. :P

So, someone just called me out for stroking my ego by  giving newbie advice.... so I'll probably cease that for a time. Pity.

You can read it that way I suppose. Or you can read it as myyrä gave advice and you and Ludwig ran in posting useless shit stroking myyrä's ego instead of sticking to the point and giving actual advice from which you were called out. :P

Yeah, I laughed about a joke. Didn't post anything but actual advice apart from that. Been called out by name, in a pretty rude way, by the guy, for the second time in a week. I take pride in my helpful nature. Which is the whole point I suppose. So if my advice is unwanted....

Yeah, I laughed about a joke. Didn't post anything but actual advice apart from that. Been called out by name, in a pretty rude way, by the guy, for the second time in a week. I take pride in my helpful nature. Which is the whole point I suppose. So if my advice is unwanted....

um.. The only other post by you is about zero actions and even in that post you mention it's dangerous disagreeing with myyrä. So that's what you got called out for. Stroking egos. Not giving sound advice to a noobie.  

Fiend, I gave the sound advice that I don't take Hermanos on Franc and thus disagree with Myyrä. Making a tongue in cheek comment about him normally giving sound advice was not stroking egos, and not "posting useless shit".  My point is exactly that I didn't post anything else, and then being called out by name is was makes me angry. 

He did the same thing before, after I disagreed with him, never acknowledging my reasoning. I thus conclude that my advice is unwanted.

Well I disagree still and understand why he would call you 3 out in a thread where help was needed and if something like that hits your ego and leads into not wanting to help new players anymore instead of weighing it with yourself whether you were actually contributing in the thread giving advice or just dicking and posting around well then that's a pretty overreacted response I feel. :) 

Well I disagree still and understand why he would call you 3 out in a thread where help was needed and if something like that hits your ego and leads into not wanting to help new players anymore instead of weighing it with yourself whether you were actually contributing in the thread giving advice or just dicking and posting around well then that's a pretty overreacted response I feel. :) 

I took that advice to heart and responded. I still don't see any reason for calling us out for friendly banter, disregarding the rest of the thread, in a very unfriendly matter, and I feel pretty hurt by your agreement with him.

Good article..we should be free to read or write what we want (within reason) and it is up to individuals to decide how far we can tolerate before we become offended. But we shouldn't feel the need to censor it for someone else..we can advise the content but let that individual decide their limits.