Need of a good painter's service

Barby007

- Hey everyone! I have attempted to paint miniatures before and haven't been very successful. I like my models to look nice and not like a 5 year old painted them.

- Basically, I was looking for someone to paint my Neverborn army. Here are the models:

1- Pandora

1- Baby Kade

1- Candy

1- Teddy

1- Doppleganger

2-Stitched Togethers

3-Sorrows

- All the models have a base that also has to be painted and all the models have been primed black with P3 Formula Black Primer.

- I know how I would like them painted so if you're up for the job, please message me. I'll give you details on how I would like them painted and you can give me details on how you want the arrangements done and for pricing info.

Thanks,

Barby :marshmell

Hey there.

Well professional painting services and painters are pretty common, you might want to throw up what you are thinking of paying for the work to narrow it down, I've seen chain paint Asian and African workshops that do adequate work for about 3-4 dollars a mini, I've talked to painters where the top end work on a 30mm figure is about $100-200, but my god the work is so beautiful you'll be embarrassed to play it on a table not crafted of gold.

But I will say this, don't quit trying either. I hate painting, I am at best a generous average. However, I have kept trying and I can produce stuff at around a simple 13 year old level now, I am so proud of them.

I do have an army professionally painted, it was special to me for various reasons and I wanted it to look as special as it was so got a commission job done, very pleased. But again I still paint most of my own stuff.

So my 10 cents worth is look through the figures find the Master you really love (hopefully the one above) get a good sized gang for them and commission a painter. Then buy some other figures to play on other days and for days you want a change and give them a go to paint, if possible ask someone whose painting you admire and get advise, including about paint strippers, you will need them.

Eventually you will be able to field a small force you painted and not be an embarrassment, also remember that whatever you get painted Malifaux may add to the force - which means more mini's to paint - also wear tear and the dreaded clumsy drop may result in paint work damage. At least developing your paint skills a little gives you a chance to touch up your prettily painted commissioned work.

This advice may be for nothing but I hope you find a great and affordable painter and I hope you love the mini's and the games you play with them.

Well,I do painting commissions. There are also a couple other people whose works are in the showcase section that do as well.My work would qualify as good tabletop quality. In the next couple days I will be posting pictures of my work and you could decide based on them. All im waiting on is a memory card for my new camera lol.

On the plus side,since my work isn't quite to competition standards,I dont charge as much as others do lol. So drop me a PM if your interested and let me know how you want them painted and I will tell you if I can do it lol.

I paint for people at my LGS... I usually charge $6-$8 a fig, depending on size an complexity. I don't have any work on the forums yet... Soon, hopefully. :D Unfortunately I live in Maine.

I agree with dancater. Keep trying! :) simple green is great, and nail polish remover is cheap. Purchasing a lamp with a magnifying glass on it will help with detail and steadying your hands. Good brushes and primer are important too. Good luck!! :)

If this is turning into a paint whoring thread ;) i'll stick a link up to my mates at Golem Painting Studio:

http://www.golempaintingstudio.co.uk/

They are a collection of guys including an Golden Daemon winner - and offer a range from base painting to top end display - some of their stuff is fricking awesome.

If you've seen any of the Mantic stuff recently that's probably theirs :)

Advert over :)

Just a quick message that I don't take commissions anymore, haven't for a year now because of medical issues. I'll keep painting, but it's gonna be very slow.

My suggestion for those looking to get stuff painted is to go look at stuff in the Galleries and on CMON and other sites and find a painter posting stuff that's the level you want. Then approach them about price. Painted Level is in the eyes of the beholder...or eye of the Beholder...well... ;-)

FWIW there are always the "sweatshop" type foreign painters like PaintedFigs.com in Singapore. I have never used them but I have occasionally been tempted when looking at a mountain of metal (much as I am currently). I usually end up flaking out and doing it myself.

FWIW there are always the "sweatshop" type foreign painters like PaintedFigs.com in Singapore. I have never used them but I have occasionally been tempted when looking at a mountain of metal (much as I am currently). I usually end up flaking out and doing it myself.

Yeh, no...

Painting Dragon and others have pre-painted many of the common requests and the result is never as shown in the pic...

They usually over-charge on postage to make up shortfall also.

There was a thread on another forum about 12months ago on this topic.