Hamlin power level poll. Not a debate

tadaka

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say yet. I have only faced him twice and aside from the game with my Gremlins I can't say I have seen the brokeness. Yet both me and my opponent are still learning about him.

Now I will say Gremlins against him is just a bad idea due to the need for indirect attacks and those don't seem to bug him too much. Also the need for models that can cause his models to move away from Hamlin and the Ratcatcher does become a problem for Hammy. But that is a whole new thread.

Contain Power and Assassinate aside, the Gremlins are actually a really good match up for Hamelin.

Swarm versus swarm = not getting swarmed.

You also can deal with his Control Hand very well and therefore won't have as big of a challenge with the fear of cheating.

The simple counter to this is obviously locking down your Gremlin's with (1)Inevitable Lure so that they can't shoot you and sicking the swarm on Som'er.

Though this really opens Hamelin's swarm up for a ton of (1)Pull my Finger! bombs via skeeters.

I would honestly not go for Pigs in a game against Hamelin unless you had Contain Power, which even then, just burn a SS and reflip.

That Gremlin swarm is a real b#%@ for anyone, even Hamelin.

He is the best master in the game, mostly because he makes a good majority of the strategies and schemes impossible for you opponent. He's not broken, but about as close as you can get to it.

Just to be clear - you've been playing less than two months right? And how many masters have you really got to understand in that time?

He does have an easy time making things insignificant...you can't argue that pockets. The combination of allways being able to cheat any flip he makes no matter the circumstances,plus his ability to recycle high cards make it work that way.

Combine that with the fact that many strategy require non insignificant models to do the actions that count for it.

Now if you aren't playing a gang with a very high model count,you could very easily end up losing any chance to complete the games strategy.

Just to be clear - you've been playing less than two months right? And how many masters have you really got to understand in that time?

I wasn't counting the time.

Pandora, Colette, Viktorias, Von Shill...

This game isn't as complicated as people make it out to be, but I come from a competitive gaming background so your mileage may vary.

Now...I think that if they made "fate is meaningless" remove any + or - flips,but also made it so you couldn't cheat...that would fit with the name of it,and prevent it from being honestly what I would consider his most powerful ability.

I agree completely. It's easily the best (0) action in the game.

Pandora, Colette, Viktorias, Von Shill...

Wow, so a good basis there to judge every master then

This game isn't as complicated as people make it out to be

No, you're right. All the players who've been playing for a VERY long time and still have to ask questions are stupid, and Wyrd just have nothing better to do so decided to put out a whole clarification rule book to explain the game that "isn't as complicated as people make out".

but I come from a competitive gaming background so your mileage may vary.

Well that explains it. If only I first played tabletop games over 20 years ago, that would have give me a fraction of your massive experience - oh, hang on, I did.

I think I've come to the conclusion that you sir are a :censored:

So I have been on the boards for a month longer then WUWU,have worked out fewer masters then him (Seamus,Von schill).

But none of that changes the fact that Hamelin has a couple abilities that can combine to make it very difficult to near impossible for many masters to complete game strategies.

Now...other Master's can make models insignificant this is true. But no other master can then flat out ignore any model it makes insignificant. No other master can remove any thing beyond getting out of LoS to make it more difficult to accomplish.

I would think that being able to cheat a card on any flip a master does would probably qualify as one of the most powerful out there. If you can think of one better,by all means say so.

Now Pockets,If there are any holes in what I have pointed out...by all means be a ray of hope to those of us that don't play hamelin and point them out.

But none of that changes the fact that Hamelin has a couple abilities that can combine to make it very difficult to near impossible for many masters to complete game strategies.

Now...other Master's can make models insignificant this is true. But no other master can then flat out ignore any model it makes insignificant. No other master can remove any thing beyond LoS to make it more difficult to accomplish.

I don't disagree that he's got some really unique skills which need a specific approach (but with some thought they can be countered) - my issue is when people make sweeping statements as gospel with little or no experience of the full dynamic of what they're talking about.

Now Pockets,If there are any holes in what I have pointed out...by all means be a ray of hope to those of us that don't play hamelin and point them out.

Sarcasm aside, I think you just have to give it some thought as each Master would counter Hamelin in a very specific way (I know how I'd play with Perdita, Zoraida, Pandora, Cridd, Rasputina). And don't forget iirc he auto-loses Slaughter.

Wow, so a good basis there to judge every master then

No, you're right. All the players who've been playing for a VERY long time and still have to ask questions are stupid, and Wyrd just have nothing better to do so decided to put out a whole clarification rule book to explain the game that "isn't as complicated as people make out".

Well that explains it. If only I first played tabletop games over 20 years ago, that would have give me a fraction of your massive experience - oh, hang on, I did.

I think I've come to the conclusion that you sir are a :censored:

Wow, I've been playing table top games for 15 years. Would you like to have a pissing competition next?

You haven't been able to refute any of my claims, and now you've dropped to petty insults. Real strong case you're making for yourself now.

Where's the ignore button again?

And look at it like this. You give ANY other master the ability to cheat on any flip they make,without sacrificing ANYTHING and you would say it would be overpowered.

Lady justice allways getting a Severe damage in HtH.

McMourning allways getting a Severe damage on Disection.

Just to name a few possibilities.

I understand where you're coming from, but you cant take the one ability in isolation. A lot of Masters have very powerful specific abilities (Pandora, Collette, Dreamer, Viks...)