A Master for Jack

Murphy'sLawyer

I've thought about this for myself for awhile, being very tempted to play it. Its hard to say because against some crews Jack and hangmen will flaunt there abilities and do very well and against others it seems they are bound to run into a wall of nothing working.

I'm not sure which masters would compensate for that. Though some, like Perdita, can often do a ton of work/damage independently so that is worth a thought. Which masters are self-sufficient?

Another would be Zoraida, whom can help make those important spells/morale duels more likely to succeed.

I also like Z and Perdita because they both have Obey, which would help offset the balance when your crew feels (and is) very likely outnumbered.

finally, the itching feeling in the back of mind says to use McMourning?? or Pandora

I use Jack with Pandora. Shut down their master so they can't use soulstones or cheat and then self loathing them to death with your own soulstones.

Or get Emotional trauma on a doppleganger and one or two sorrows and then let loose with incite and self loathing - that's a lot of 3/4 wounds that can't really be stopped.

Wins you every game, but not many friends....

Personally, I think Pandora would be one of the worse masters to use Jack with. Pandy needs her cards to win her opposed Wp duels when she's targetted, to continue her pacify chain of pushes or any other number of things. That means less cards on hand to keep Jack alive. The added Wp duels and the no cheating spell are handy, but I think he's a risky option against an opponent who can put the pressure on Jack.

The best, IMO, are Seamus (who can really take advantage of terrifying and additional hanged) and Zoraida. The latter is very card efficient (bayou two-card and the fact that she's very often obeying her own models, making cheating less necessary) and can seriously improve Jack's lethalness with bewitch and obey. She also has access to the Stitched together, who adds even more potential card-drawing/discarding abilities to the crew.

The problem is that it is really hard to put the pressure out on Jack. He is pretty quick to move around, he shuts down anyone who is trying to attack him, and usually most models will only be able to make one attack on him at most anyhow. You should be able to keep him alive with three cards a turn pretty easy, and Pandora should be able to drain your opponents hand pretty easy, giving you an edge. I think he really is a beast to put down, and Pandora crews usually have so many other targets taking you out that it is hard to focus your energy on just Jack.

I would weigh in with Seamus. he is incredibly self sufficient,a few belles makes it even harder to escape jack's area of hurt.

You use the Belle's to pull them into Jack,and you shoot from outside the range and you almost guarantee a cheatable damage flip and thus a severe damage.

Plus between the belles and the hanged you can ensure your opponent will never outrun jack even with the fastest models.

Levi is a solid master to run Jack and some Hanged with. I don't know if I would compose the whole list out of them, but I've had some good games using them.

Jack combined with Bete and Alyce makes a damn nice "force discard" list, and/or adding some hanged with jack can make a nice distraction/debuff crew for Levi, giving him free reign to wreck face.