My Cult of December

LoboStele

I've actually had these done for a few weeks, but I've been really busy. I've been keeping most of my painting updates in one thread, but these turned out so nice....figured I'd let them have some attention on their own. Ooh, and I built a cheap, foamboard light box for photos on these. Hopefully it made a difference.

Enjoy! (Most pics can be clicked for larger versions)

First up....the December Acolyte. A little bit of Assassin's Creed inspiration for the colors on this guy. ;)

December_017.jpg

th_December_018.jpgth_December_019.jpgth_December_020.jpg

Next up, my Essence of Power. I'm actually going to paint up another of these in reds/oranges/yellows in order to pair up with Kaeris for the nice Fire and Ice action.

th_December_014.jpgth_December_015.jpgth_December_016.jpg

Here are my Silent Ones. I'm most proud of the purple one. The orange one was mostly because I wanted to be able to easily tell them apart on the table. Not sure I ended up liking the orange, but it is what it is for now.

December_030.jpg

th_December_031.jpgth_December_032.jpgth_December_033.jpg

th_December_034.jpgth_December_035.jpgth_December_036.jpg

Next...some of my favorites....Gamin and the Golem...having fun with blocks of ice. If school kids throw snow balls, then big mean gamin would certainly pack theirs with ice!

th_December_027.jpgth_December_028.jpgth_December_029.jpg

th_December_021.jpgth_December_022.jpgth_December_023.jpg

th_December_024.jpgth_December_025.jpgth_December_026.jpg

December_049.jpg

th_December_050.jpgth_December_051.jpgth_December_053.jpg

And finally the Maiden of Frost herself...A little bit of Emma Frost inspiration in the paint colors. And if you've seen my other crews, you know I like to spice up my Masters a bit, so I thought Raspy deserved a nice icy effect.

December_009.jpg

th_December_006.jpgth_December_007.jpgth_December_011.jpgth_December_012.jpg

Oh...and a little something I'm working on, and will post more about them later.... ;)

th_Ice_Pillars_028.jpg

I will say that I find the bases a bit garish however, that bright blue draws my eyes away from the models.

Heh, yeah, that's probably the most common criticism I get on here. To each their own though. I like how my bases have turned out, and I don't feel like my eyes are drawn away from the models. Perhaps it's just worse in the photos.

• 1 month later...

Ice Pillars!

This is about what they look like on the table:

Ice_Pillars_022.jpg

Here they are in the dark...they're bright!

th_Ice_Pillars_025.jpg

Here's a closeup, but under heavy light from a lamp, so you don't see the LEDs quite as much.

th_Ice_Pillars_026.jpg

Here's how they look on a table with terrain. This was during the middle of a tournament last month. :)

th_1304000954.jpg

And just for fun....I created two of them with color-changing LEDs, so I could do this...for Kaeris' sake. :)

th_Ice_Pillars_024.jpg

Here's how I made them:

th_Ice_Pillars_011.jpg

th_Ice_Pillars_012.jpg

You can see the switch on the left side to go from Red to Blue. These particular ones also have a pressure switch on the bottom so that the Pillars light up when you put them on the table, but then turn off as soon as you pick them up.

My other 8 or so don't change colors or have the pressure switches. They're just simple, slap the battery in, and they turn on. :)