Shikome proxy

Gimzig

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using Wamphyr miniatures from the Rackham/Confrontation pre-painted line of plastics.

post-10263-13911923685158_thumb.jpg

They are a close match but I'm thinking of adding a few details such as a pony tail and possibly some clawed feet from the GW Daemonettes.

Edited by Spifferson

Ooohh.. Finally I get to rant about those two Anima Tactics miniatures that while as adorable as they are, are called Frey and Freya - and it's two girls?! ¬_¬

As for actual input I think anything Harpy-ish would work:

Reaper-miniatures for instance: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/harpy

A friend of mine uses those Harpies for his Shikome. They look very nice on the table when painted up.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

That's one cool model - what range is it from?

I believe that one is by Heresy Miniatures. I have it myself and it's a great model.

I have to second any use of Heresy minis - Andy is a great bloke and there's some really interesting figures on that site.

However, not the route I took. I've done a themed Kirai crew, based on Spirited Away and have used an oriental dragon mini Pics and info here:

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?31403-Malifaux-meddling&p=405359#post405359

• 7 months later...
painting the faces in geisha make up with a black burny-ness around the hair line would work without needing to head swap. other option would be to take a greenstuff mold of the shikome hair and swap out the hair.

I guess just painting geisha make up would work and all the more horrifying when they dont have human faces. I just need to know if it is the right size for Malifaux, I don't mind bigger, as long as it is not smaller scale.

Edited by Grim

Hey, I found today some nice fitting miniatures to proxy a Shikome.

What is your opinion?

AglaopeRashaar.gif

They are from: Carnevale - Agláope-Rashaar

these are nice, the problem with me living in the USA for Euro-based miniature companies, is they tend to cost a lot more to comparable minis, these cost USD$20+ :( ...