Crew Creator (Sheer Madness)

Ratty

When I choose Viktoria as Main Master, and Von Schill as Henchman, the latter can get a Totem, but not the Viktorias. They can get a totem when Von Schill is not hired tho :crazy:

Yep that was an accident, I had moved the check to see if you had Von Schill so it could remove Mercs as options from the Masters. However the check to see if he was buying in faction got lost in the move. On all the other Masters if you take Von Schill you lose the ability to take the Malifaux Child or the Student of Conflict.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit confused, but should the minions/mercenaries/special forces add automatically the moment I select them from the menu?

Because it works for Master and Totem selection, but fails for the crew (when I select them, nothing happens).

I've tested it both on Chrome and Safari and the results are identical.

I'm a bit confused, but should the minions/mercenaries/special forces add automatically the moment I select them from the menu?

Because it works for Master and Totem selection, but fails for the crew (when I select them, nothing happens).

I've tested it both on Chrome and Safari and the results are identical.

OK I've created pull down lists populated with all the Options for the Masters and Henchmen. You can't select your crew yet, but you can see what you can choose from]

It's not yet finish

Also I'm looking at this through my I-pod and it's looking pretty good, any chance that you app of this made?

Working on my excel version... I HATE LEVETICUS....

Soo many exclusion & additions to the normal rules, Then in a brawl is alowed to work with Ramos & Hoffman & Collidi. But ramos and C Hoffman are allowed to bring in specific out of faction constructs at +1 cost, but Levictus ignores that cost. Then you have the corephee who Is only legal in with levitcus as long its with Ramos....

AAARRRGGGHHHHH.

Thanks Ratty! I've been thinking about trying to put something like this together for a bit since the old crew creator doesn't look like it's being updated. But, you know, life and stuff happened and I was just too busy. :(

This probably looks way better than what I could have done anyway, though! I'm gonna link it on the Tabletop Geeks Malifaux Downloads page now. :)

Right there's a new version up. You can now select a crew and it should do all the minions from the original book + rising power for a Scrap. I think I've caught most of the weird interactions and they are in the program. The only exception at the moment is selecting a Ht 1 totem due to having Hamelin in the crew. I should be able to get that done fairly easily, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything else.

http://www.nezumi.me.uk/Malifaux/crew.html

Edited by Ratty

@ Ratty: The development looks good so far. Here are the unusual things I noticed so far. I hope this helps.

Currently Colette has a real bizarre/broken list for Henchmen she can take. The rest of the Henchmen lists so far look correct.

Colette and Ramos should not be able to hire the Malifaux Raptor due to its Trainable ability.

Also, Ramos can hire Special Forces(M&SU Asset) models himself without a Henchman. Zoraida can also hire Special Forces(Doll) models herself without a Henchman.

Kaeris, when leading a crew has incomplete lists for hiring Minions and Mercenaries.

EDIT:

When Leveticus is the master with Molly as a Henchman, she doesn't have the option to hire any totems. However, if Collodi is hired as his Henchman then Collodi can still hire totems. I think Leveticus' ability Pariah only prevents him from connecting to totems, not Henchmen or other masters. I'm not 100% sure that is the correct interpretation though.

ANOTHER EDIT:

Molly Squidpiddge doesn't register when choosen as a Henchman properly. This would explain the above with the totem.

Edited by MrNybbles

@ Ratty: The development looks good so far. Here are the unusual things I noticed so far. I hope this helps.

Currently Colette has a real bizarre/broken list for Henchmen she can take. The rest of the Henchmen lists so far look correct.

Colette and Ramos should not be able to hire the Malifaux Raptor due to its Trainable ability.

Also, Ramos can hire Special Forces(M&SU Asset) models himself without a Henchman. Zoraida can also hire Special Forces(Doll) models herself without a Henchman.

Kaeris, when leading a crew has incomplete lists for hiring Minions and Mercenaries.

OK fixed all of those

EDIT:

When Leveticus is the master with Molly as a Henchman, she doesn't have the option to hire any totems. However, if Collodi is hired as his Henchman then Collodi can still hire totems. I think Leveticus' ability Pariah only prevents him from connecting to totems, not Henchmen or other masters. I'm not 100% sure that is the correct interpretation though.

ANOTHER EDIT:

Molly Squidpiddge doesn't register when choosen as a Henchman properly. This would explain the above with the totem.

OK having a look at this. It's says Hire on his card. So I don't think his crew can have totems at all.

ANOTHER EDIT:

OK all working as intended now, as long as they can't take totems, I can add them back easily if they can.

Bit of a strange thing with the dreamer. Current list.

2 daydreams

2 stitched

1 teddy

Cache 5, 2 SS remaining (correct i think, as SS is number of nightmares)

but during the building process

2 daydreams

2 stitch

Cache 8, 11SS remaining (should be 4 cache right?)

Nope that sounds right... If you stopped at that point, you would shove all the spare SS you had into the Cache, so your Cache would be 4 Nightmares + 4 from your SS pool. If you had no points left in your SS pool when you got to the end you would just have the number of Nightmares.

Ah.. I think I've got what your getting at, yeah the Daydreams should count as they are nightmares.. I'll see if I can fix it.

Edited by Ratty

Cool thing...

A few things:

There is a spelling mistake at WALDGEIST (not Waidgeist)

You can´t take the Rouge Necromancy (only as Specialforce), The Lawyer and Shikome with Marcus

You can´t take Papa Loco with Zoraida.

You can´t take Bayougremlins with Ophelia.

But so far ... real good job...

Can´t wait for a bugfree Version...

EDIT:

Had some trubble with the dreamer aswell...

Because...

Daydreams are Nightmares, too... but do not count against the pool... in your Builder...

So i had:

Copplius

Teddy

2 Alps

and 3 Daydreams but still only a Cache of 4... but I think it has to be 5...

Edited by Koali

Probably not explaining what I meant very well so will try again.

List A

Dreamer/LCB

2 daydreams

2 stitched

teddy

5 nightmares and 2SS left over. The crew builder gives a cache of 5, not 7.

List B

Dreamer/LCB

2 daydreams

2 stitched

4 nightmares and 11SS left ever. The crew builder gives a cache of 8.

The descrepancy is that either list A should have a cache of 7 OR that list B should have a cache of 4. Is that explained better?

Cool thing...

A few things:

There is a spelling mistake at WALDGEIST (not Waidgeist)

The Rouge Necromancy is available as a Special Force option to Marcus already, I did miss the other two though.

I can select him fine at the moment.

Yeah there was an error in there array, sorted it

I'll get there