Dungeons & Dragons: A Threat to Prison Security

Well I looked at Twitter today and saw a tweet by TheSpoonyOne refering to this slashdot story that refers to this Fox News story that refers to this Geeks Are Sexy story.

You might as well go straight to the original source on this.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2011/01/25/dungeons-dragons-a-threat-to-prison-security/

Is this a good or bad example of globalization?

EDIT:

The article itself is rather interesting. Apparently someone was able to talk the Judges into thinking D&D paralleled gang-like activity and therefor was a threat to prison security.

The actual ruling is linked as a PDF in Geeks are Sexy.

Edited by MrNybbles

The theory is dumb but I do believe it should not be allowed in prison.

I know the theory is prison is for rehabilitation but its also a punishment. It should be dull and boring there.

Then they should release a D&D: Penitentiary Version. Only one Monster in the Monster Manual - an Ancient Black Dragon that always kills you (so the players don't get any ideas about fighting their way out). Only one Magic Item - a Portable Hole that leads back to your cell. Only one character class - Thief. Plenty of treasure, but a 100% tax so that the characters cannot keep any of it, enforced by Ancient Black Dragon tax inspectors. And lastly, a new rule that allows the players to overrule the DM, so no gangs can form ;)

so....does that make me the Malifaux gang leader?

No, you would more of an accessory before the fact than an abettor, encouraging us to carry out schemes in different scenarios.

Does that mean I can get any one of you to protect me from Raccoons at night with a fork? (yes, my gang is kind of lame)

???

Where on earth do you live, Raccoon City? Try undead hookers.

No Raccoon city has Zombies and bad voice acting(at least thats what Resident Evil games have taught me). I can only assume Zombie City has Raccoons(and perhaps better voice actors)

As I understand the umbrella coperation have recolcated to Malifaux

so....does that make me the Malifaux gang leader? Does that mean I can get any one of you to protect me from Raccoons at night with a fork? (yes, my gang is kind of lame)

I'll hate to see how big Malifaux Raccoons are, I imagine somthing like the badger-moles from Avatar (of the last airbender type, not the James Cameron one)