The best superglue?

Absolution Black

Ok, I have a lot of models to build and was wondering what you guys think is the best superglue available (I'm in the UK) for sticking metal figures together, along with any tips.

I know a lot of the models will probably require pinning as well, but as a complete novice to that, I was wondering what glue(s) you may recommend.

I use a basic gel superglue. I like gel because it's easier to control, doubles as a filler and (in my experience) will hold the part quicker, so you're not standing there like an idiot holding 2 parts together for 20 minutes. I've never been super picky about the brand, and I dunno what's available in the UK but, if you can find some, I highly recommend the new-ish style bottles that you squeeze on the sides, like so:loctite%20super%20glue.jpg

The increased level of flow control is phenomenal.

I use Loctite Ultra Control Gel. It's very similar to what Deuce suggested. However this one has rubber in the formula so it's a bit more shock resistant (good for gaming). It's very easy to control and use precisely, and will gap fill if required.

You can buy it in the bigger Tesco stores. Note that the UK bottles have a silver body with black lid & fins as opposed to the black & blue pictured.

On tips for gluing;

If the part allows 'score' both parts with a knife to roughen up the edges of the join and give the glue something to stick to.

I like me some Zap-a-Gap. Cheap and actually zaps gaps, doubling as a filler.

FTEPT02-200.jpg

The slo-zap is actually a step up from the zap-a-gap

Zap a gap is more fluid and faster. But since we sell slo zap it quickly became number one seller in ca glues, its the yellow bottle

Zap a gap is second, in the smaller bottles though

Pink zap is too fluid and too fast

I use it as an impregnate for lichen and bases made of cork, bark or sand

The slo-zap is actually a step up from the zap-a-gap

Zap a gap is more fluid and faster. But since we sell slo zap it quickly became number one seller in ca glues, its the yellow bottle

Zap a gap is second, in the smaller bottles though

Pink zap is too fluid and too fast

I use it as an impregnate for lichen and bases made of cork, bark or sand

Interesting. Yeah. Given the choice, I'd probably suggest the one that's thicker and easier to control, with improved gap zapping properties.

When it comes to my Zap-a-Gap, though, I'm pretty set in my ways.

SET in my ways.

Ha!