For those who think that Malifaux models are a pain to put together

MunkeyKungFu

Right so I thought that malifaux models were a pain to assemble (Peacekeeper etc.)

Well wyrd is now off the hook for I have started playing Hordes. I just got the Skorne boxed set and it is a joke. The titan gladiator model is a joke. Nothing fits without needing a metric ton of greenstuff to fill the gaps! Anyway mini rant over. In fact not rant lets make this a discussion and interesting one at that, pub talk banter. What is the most annoying model to put together!

i've said it before and i'll say it again sodapop miniatures in general (well the relic knights stuff the super dungeon explore don't look so bad but not tried them yet) and mainly pricess malya and mr tomn over all about 20 odd fiddly little pieces some being to small or thin to really pin so you know if it get's a knock you'll be driven insane repairing and re-painting and the knightmare flash the sword on malya's relic needed going over with a pin as it was between almost all the lil energy thingies in the centre of the blade there was a ton by her camel toe and with candy and cola there was one big solid piece filling thegap between her arm and body and the tiny cola bottle in that fox things mouth is a bitch to get mold lines off as too much pressure and the bottle is going to come off

that's my rant for the day...well about minis anyway time to go to a meeting haha

The Penitent Engine by GW has a bad reputation, and having built two of them I can confirm it's a PITA to assemble, even with pinning.

The Peacekeeper was a bit of a trial, but mainly because I broke off a drill-bit right in a leg socket. If it hadn't been for that, assembling it would have been time-consuming but not hard.

@Cyberakuma - 'cleaning up flash on cameltoe' is a new one on me! Although I did once have to rebuild a Greater Knarloc's rectum with greenstuff :ahhhhh:

I seem to have an innate inability to build metal models, no matter how much I pin them, what glue I use, whether Saturn is in Uranus......

You can put money on the arm falling off within about two days of painting it.

I much prefer plastic anyday, but a lot of the MAlifaux minis seem to be one piece so hurrah!!

Having worked in a store for a while I know certain models are a pain. Every year we would have a week around new year where I would spend most of my time putting together the old metal Land Raider Crusaders (after parents in their unltimate wisdom looked at their child's Christmas list thought 2 units of tactical marines and a commander looks boring lets get them the biggest tank in the store).

But the Land Raider crusader is nothing compared to the model for Shelob. What's that I hear 8 thin legs that hold up the model, each of which can go in only 1 slot and have no markings.

@Cyberakuma - 'cleaning up flash on cameltoe' is a new one on me! Although I did once have to rebuild a Greater Knarloc's rectum with greenstuff :ahhhhh:

that's as wrong as one of the guy's i used to play against insisting that all his cavalry be anatomically correct...you really don't want or need me to say any more about this

Resin is easy though.

Well I managed to impale myself with my pin vice last night. I slipped and stabbed it that far into my finger I had to twist it to get it out.....

Tell that to Mr Delipino, When he was working up at Warhammer World Forge World asked him to paint one of their Emperor Dragon for a really important client. He got it put together and then his dreadlocks caught the wing and it shattered into 100s of pieces, He spent the rest of the night doing the hardest 3D jigsaw in the world. At least metal miniatures just bend.

I hope to die before I see a cameltoe that needs flash removed. I'm sure there's a name for it though.

Damn Ratty, you iz teh 40k buff. I thought I was bad. That comment takes me back to the Kroot army list that no-one cares to speak of these days.

On topic - I had one bitch of a time with the rotten belle holding her brolly over her shoulder, and I'm putting off the time when I have to deal with the punk zombies spindly arms which are all thinner than any drillbit I possess.

Tell that to Mr Delipino, When he was working up at Warhammer World Forge World asked him to paint one of their Emperor Dragon for a really important client. He got it put together and then his dreadlocks caught the wing and it shattered into 100s of pieces, He spent the rest of the night doing the hardest 3D jigsaw in the world. At least metal miniatures just bend.

dreadlocks do have a fair bit of weight behind them but really it shattered? what the hell is he hiding in them? miniature warhammers? hopefully he's learned to tie them back while painting

does the Great Knarloc have a Rectum? It shouldn't. The Kroot family of creatures don't poop. They digest everything and get rid of waste through their sweat, which is why they smell so bad.
Gross! But I like it.

I have two Greater Knarlocs, and one had an - orifice - located along the posterior ventral midline. One did not. I performed surgery on the mutant and did not speak of it again until this day.

That comment takes me back to the Kroot army list that no-one cares to speak of these days.
I do - love my Kroot army, although it's tough to get a game with them. You seen the (unofficial) 5th Ed Kroot Kodex? Pretty good work.

I had one bitch of a time with the rotten belle holding her brolly over her shoulder

That one wasn't too bad for me, I glued part of the parasol to her head. The other one, that is holding the parasol out in front of her, she kept tipping over and breaking it off the shaft. I cut a round piece of copper in half and green stuffed it to her base, that helped.

I am about ready to cut Sybelle's riding crop off and replace it with a piece of carbon fiber rod, debating trying to put the end of the crop back onto it or green stuff a new one.

That one wasn't too bad for me, I glued part of the parasol to her head. The other one, that is holding the parasol out in front of her, she kept tipping over and breaking it off the shaft. I cut a round piece of copper in half and green stuffed it to her base, that helped.

I am about ready to cut Sybelle's riding crop off and replace it with a piece of carbon fiber rod, debating trying to put the end of the crop back onto it or green stuff a new one.

I just cut out the entire shaft and replaced it. It's important to have a good hard shaft as it was bending all over the place with the original. I did have to replace the handle as well.

Belle2WIPF.jpg

I feel your pain, brother.

I had bother with all three belles and Sybelle's riding crop.

The one with the brolly behind her back, The handle snapped off about 10 seconds after she came out the box.

The other two have been on and off loads of times.