Lady Justice - My new Crew

WarmasterOJB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Meatballsminis

hey i am a getting into malifaux and i am starting lady justice, i am in need of suggestions for basing,painting and what else to buy to add to her starter set and btw man those minis look amazingly cool keep up the good work

Very nice, iv just started painting my lady J crew, still not 100% with what to bulk her out with, already have executioner and scales just wondered if im missing something obv with the Gov. Proxy?

Also; chalk me up for the matt varnish suggestion, 2 reasons: 1) theyre a little bit shiny and 2) in further projects you might like using a matt varnish to protect, as you can achieve a lovely effect by layering gloss varnish for latex/pvc effect..

SS!

I use the army painter anti-shine and it works great as a second coat over a gloss. Gloss protects better as it usually is thicker, and the anti-shine makes the models look normal after the gloss. Also when your anti-shine starts to wear off the miniature you'll see the glossy area and know its time to hit it with another coat.

As a victim of the 'oh god they are shiny' varnish, i can really concur with the 'just hit em with dull coat' posts. To give you an example of the difference just a single coat of dullcoat can have

Shiny oh my eyes seamus

Seamusfront.jpg

Dullcoated Seamus

Seamus.jpg

The effect is amazing and in person its even better.