stitched together "does not die" changed on card

kasin666

thought id point out that the stitched togethers "does not die" is changed on the card

does not die: when this model would be killed, it instead remains in play with 1 wd remaining. this model cannot be sacrificed or buried until start close phase, and if this model already activated this turn it gains reactivate. sacrifice this model during theresolve effects step.

so can he actually die or does it just keep repeating?

Even if not removed right away when you kill him, he's sacrificed in the following Resolve Effects part of the Closing Phase.

Also as every other model he can only reactivate once a turn..

Before the changes to his card the Dreamer could bury Stitched Togethers before the Closing Phase and they could in fact just keep repeating, now they cannot anymore.

Having players have to face an endless recursion of them would have made many more players even sadder pandas.

It would have sold a metric ton of Dreamer box sets, though.

And the Stitched are still invulnerable for one whole turn when they die. They do only get one reactivate but you can kill them over and over and they won't go away to the end.

Soulstone miner is similar but costs considerably more for a similar effect. Though I'm neither confirming nor denying that anything was done about it (only that it was on the radar...).

• 1 year later...

What I find implausible is the idea that although not killed and remaining in play with one wound, that when activated with the one wound remaining that it is invulnerable? How do you figure? Durring the activation it has one wound and its ap to spend but where is it invulnerable? If it were to take damage durring its activation it would lose its remaining wound, "not die", and its activation would end till it could reactivate at the close. Invulnerable is nowhere in any explanation of the rule itself or any rule in the book.

um....right(?)

"Invulnerable" is a reference to an opponent's inability to kill one. In a turn, you can shell out all the damage imaginable, and the Stitched won't go away until the end of the turn...but it'll go away then. Hence, "invulnerable for a turn." We don't have a Superman ability tacked onto the card somewhere called "Invulnerability", I agree. Assuming that's what you meant.

Pretty sure this one's been clear for about a year. Good necromancy skillz, though!

So I appreciate your reply, I havnt been playing for a year so forgive my ignorance. Just ran into this last night. To be clear the scenario was I smoked the stitched together and he remained in play with one wound. I put a fire wall infront of him. He activated with one wound and walked into the fire wall. He should suffer the wound and have had his activation end correct? Hence hes not invulnerable?

thank you

So I appreciate your reply, I havnt been playing for a year so forgive my ignorance. Just ran into this last night. To be clear the scenario was I smoked the stitched together and he remained in play with one wound. I put a fire wall infront of him. He activated with one wound and walked into the fire wall. He should suffer the wound and have had his activation end correct? Hence hes not invulnerable?

thank you

He walks into the fire wall, takes damage, and the does nott die ability triggers, keeping him on 1 wound. His activation doesn't end because something happened instead of him dying, so he can carry on.

And he's just gained reactivate if he hadn't already.

Every time he takes damage that would kill him, does not die activates and leaves him on 1 wound.

He just does not die.