Battle Brush Studios Commission Painting Log

Sigur

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. :) Those are Brotherhood miniatures for Freebooter's Fate system. I learned that their minis are very hit and miss (with many, many misses in my opinion) but the brotherhood ones are really amazing sculpts.

Thanks. I've had a look at the full range now and I must agree that some (many) of the models don't look very nice, but there some real gems in there that I'll no doubt be adding to my collection. Such a shame that many of the ones I'm after seem to be among the more expensive of the range, lol. I can see a couple of the Freebooters going in to my Showgirls though.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dark Alleycat: Thanks very much. I agree with you to an extent but I really wanted a very tight, reduced palette on this posse. Maybe I overdid it a little but at least they look very homogenous. ;)

@Inquisitor wall: Thanks. It was the client's idea to remove the coffins and have me make something up so they look still badass and not just sit around on the ground really but I like the results very much as well.

@Evaine: Thank you. Well, Perdita's hair is a tiny bit stiff and weights about as much as the rest of her body so be careful what you wish for. ;)

@quasihayley: Cheers!

@LonelyPath: Thank you. In fact, I will be doing some more Freebooter's Fate miniatures in a few months which I'm very much looking forward to.

Right, after a short hiatus I'm back with a bunch of new pictures (no Malifaux though this time; bear with me for now. There WILL be more Malifaux stuff coming up. The first will be Austringer#2 hopefully within the next two or three weeks. The order is overdue already).

First, something I painted for one of my own armies *gasp* - a quick little mission objective:

230482_md-Base%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Imperial%20Guard%2C%20Jungle%2C%20Objective%20Marker%2C%20Resin.jpg

...Blood Angels Terminator Librarian:

230514_md-Astartes%2C%20Base%2C%20Blood%20Angels%2C%20Commission%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Librarian%2C%20Psyker.jpg

here along with some recently-finished friends of his:

230590_md-.jpg

Some characters for the Averland Empire army:

222439_md-wulfgar%20d%26uuml%3Bsterich.jpg

230051_md-Averland%2C%20Banner%2C%20Character%2C%20Commission%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Empire%2C%20General%2C%20Standard.jpg

230052_md-Averland%2C%20Banner%2C%20Character%2C%20Commission%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Empire%2C%20General%2C%20Standard.jpg

...and now the latest new project - an all new Space Wolves army (commission of course):

Test miniature

230954_md-.jpg

Grey Hunters Pack #1 (WIP)

232125_md-Astartes%2C%20Base%2C%20Commission%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Space%20Wolves%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000.jpg

Grey Hunters Pack #2 (WIP)

232126_md-Astartes%2C%20Base%2C%20Commission%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Space%20Wolves%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000.jpg

Grey Hunters Pack #3 (WIP)

232714_md-.jpg

Reason why the bolter casings on pack#3 are all red is a change of mind on the customer's side who decided that he'd rather have the gun casings be red and that all chainswords should have yellow and black hazard stripes. So I'm really looking forward to painting hazard stripes on 17 chainswords. ;)

Anyway, hope you like everything! Feel free to comment, critizise and so on. See you soon!

Those are some really nice Space Puppies. I look forward to more of those other Freebooters Fate models you hinted at ;)

That objective is pretty awesome, I like to have fun with mine as well. My Orks have some Boyz running off with a SM statue whilst another has a Ork running over a Blood Angel in his mad rush to (literally it seems) run the enemy down. Hopefully I'll get a camera at some point to take and post pics of some of my models ;)

@LonelyPath: Thanks muchly. Those mission objectives of yours sound great; make sure you post pictures of those some time!

Okay, the first packs are almost finished now and I have to say that I love them. I usually have a slightly complicated relationship with Space Wolves. I really like them but all the armies that count as Space Wolves but aren't, Thunderwolves cav, certain rune priest powers, the overall rules design across the codex.... there's some things about them I don't agree with. But this army I'm really starting to like.

233033_md-.jpg

233034_md-.jpg

233035_md-.jpg

Hope you like them as well. :)

@xGIxJokerx: Thanks. I will be doing a painting tutorial on how I paint these Space Wolves very soon; planning to start it tomorrow if everything goes according to plan.

edit: Update - been working on a new Step-by-Step Tutorial for the past 14 hours or so. This one is going to be a bit smaller again; more like the Dark Elves Musician one rather than the Sicarius tutorial but also more to the point and I'm sure that some people will enjoy it. ;)

Edited by Sigur

@nightseer: Glad you like it. :)

Here's something to round up the Malifaux commission (the miniature finally arrived on thursday):

austringer2.jpg

austringer2-2.jpg

austringer2-1.jpg

He still needs a little touching up here and there but he's mostly done.

And another thing that kept me busy the past few days:

shootas1.jpg

Alright so before the next batch of Malifaux minis arrive, I have to do more 40k stuff for now.

See you around (C&C welcome as always of course ;) )!

Edited by Sigur

• 2 weeks later...

@DAGabriel: Hey, nice to see you around here. ;) Haven't seen you in a while. You're mostly roaming the terrain logs section on Warseer these days I suppose?

A test miniature for an upcoming army commisson project:

testmini1schrift.jpg

...and I did more work on the Space Orks army.

WIP Trukk (now finished, I will post finished pictures of it later as I decided to do the weathering on the wheels for the whole army altogether in the end):

240291_md-.jpg

240292_md-.jpg

Slugga Boyz (also a little WIP at this point):

237800_md-.jpg

Heavy Weapons Boyz:

237799_md-.jpg

After this, I now moved on to the Bikers.

I'm really growing kind of fond for these new Orks. The bikers are a great kit with lots of possibilities for variety , the bikes themselves are big and menacing and have lots of neat little details. Unfortunately the models came assembled so painting is a bit more complicated than it has to be but that's only a minor problem.

Here's the first two WIPs (for kicks):

241234_md-.jpg

[url=http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/6/29/241235_md-.jpg]

241235_md-.jpg

As you can see, they're basically basecoated. Next thing will be getting the skin done, then all the chipped off paint and after that it's detailling time. So see you later!

Edited by Sigur

@DAGabriel: Oh yes, definately. Malifaux miniatures are much fun to paint and I'm looking forward to painting the next crew. Not sure how the ToFP works with more or less squad-level skirmish games. Unless you got really a lot of terrain to build, maybe a Tale of Skirmishers would be in order which runs for like only four months?

Anyway, new Orky pictures:

241615_md-.jpg

241616_md-.jpg

Hope you like them. The whole mob should be finished until the weekend. Then I'll pick up some new primer and see what I'll do next then. :)

@DAGabriel: Thanks. I thought more along the lines of maybe two or three miniatures a month. ;) Over the length of five or six months.

@AvatarForm: Thanks very much. I will reply very soon!

Now for more pictures. These Orks really start getting to me so I decided to split them up in two batches of five but it's still going slowly. I think I'll have to pause on Orks for a bit.

First Batch:

242104_md-.jpg

Second Batch:

242105_md-.jpg

C&C welcome!

Edited by Sigur

@DAGabriel: Thanks for the info and the PM. I'll try to get my warbands sorted and then get back to you.

Warmaster Birdmen (10mm):

bild-8960.jpg

bild-8959.jpg

They count as....well, Birdmen of Catrazza obviously. :) The minatures are from Kallistra's Hordes and Heroes series and much fun to work with.

@AvatarForm: Fairly simple - Iyanden Darksun base, wash with Gryphonne Sepia (ink recesses with devlan mud or more Gryphonne Sepia if necessary), highlight with lighter yellow. I like to use mixes of Iyanden Darksun and VMC Sand Yellow for this recipe. Add white later.

Impaled finished:

bild-8988.jpg

I probably will finish another thing later today so stay tuned! ;)