Popg0estheworld's Pandora Crew

popg0estheworld

Greetings, all-

I finished my Pandora today, and I just wanted to share with y'all. I went kind of a weird route with her, and I am more or less happy with the results. I based her roughly on Delerium from the Sandman comics- an attempt to kind of tie in the whole dreamscape-weaver element of Pandora.

20040116003.jpg

20040116012.jpg

20040116007.jpg

20040116015.jpg

20040116004.jpg

If I ever do another Pandora, I will definitely make her black- her facial features have a much more African high-cheekbone thing going on, and I think it would work well.

The mask on her back is freehand (the pictures don't really do it justice- I'll try to get better ones later), and the fishnets are done with an 18/0 liner brush.

The box looks kind of globby in the pictures, but it looks okay in person- not sure what happened there.

Baby Kade and Candy to follow shortly (and then Teddy, Sorrows, Doppelganger, Primordial Magic, and Poltergeist).

Thanks for looking!

I am once more impressed by your skills!

I totally love her face, it has a lot of character, but also her dress!

The fishnets are so slim I didn't catch them on first glance!

And then again what isn't great about your work here?

:worship:

But maybe, as you started the green glow on her top and the coat, it would have given here a more gloomy atmosphere when the skulls emanating from the box would reflect some green light on her as well?

Still one of the greatest minis everrrrr!

But maybe, as you started the green glow on her top and the coat, it would have given here a more gloomy atmosphere when the skulls emanating from the box would reflect some green light on her as well?

Still one of the greatest minis everrrrr!

@ Daniele- There is a little green haze cast on her, though you can barely see it in the pictures. I didn't want it to take over and turn into a gimmicky source lighting piece, so I kept it subtle (maybe too much so).

will you be doing an pandora avatar state one like this?

Ah, you noticed the allusion. Yeah, I purposefully made this mini as kind of a pre-avatar with the conversion bits. Good eye.

EXCELLENT Pandora, brother. I see I'm not the only one who made the asphyxious soul - avatar sorrow connection right away. Though I have to say, I like how yours are actually coming straight out of the box.

I'm really digging fishnets, the pattern on the blue fabric, and the quality of the mask on her jacket with the creepy two-tone eyes.

Very gorgeous and creative. I salute your work!

I'm stunned by the work you have done and gladly join the "hail to the king" choir BUT for me the fishnet looks a bit odd on her. Technically it's flawless but it lacks harmony with the rest of the model (Pandora is not a wh.re:)). And one more thing: the belt blends into the coat too much. I would rather see it with a different color.

So don't take it as an offense. I could never make a mini like yours. Grats!

Hehe, I liked your take on having her as Delirium. Please promise me that if you ever paint Zoraida you'll make hey look like Despair.

Dude- Brilliant. Now we need to figure out the rest of The Endless... Marcus as Destruction? Rasputina as Death?

I'm stunned by the work you have done and gladly join the "hail to the king" choir BUT for me the fishnet looks a bit odd on her. Technically it's flawless but it lacks harmony with the rest of the model (Pandora is not a wh.re:)). And one more thing: the belt blends into the coat too much. I would rather see it with a different color.

So don't take it as an offense. I could never make a mini like yours. Grats!

No worries- always looking for constructive criticism. I'm not sure why I chose brown for the belt- a little more contrast could have helped there, for sure. The fishnets are more of an element of the interpretation of Delerium than any commentary on Pandora herself. My departure from the traditional was an intentional one.