Professional Painters

Chev Chelios

A note on Jen Haley: Her prices are very high. Her quality is even higher.

I'd suggest hitting the Mega-Millions jackpot, then contact her.

I guess if you had the time to do it and the quality was there, you could do it if you had enough customers. I'd suggest giving it a go for anyone who is employment-impaired. Otherwise, jobs and commuting to and from can eat up a substantial amount of time. Use your judgement.

If you were in AUS there are a few Golden Demon (GW) winners who will paint your unique minis for very little or for the challenge of it. They will do custom basing and everything...

Cant comment on Jen Haley but her display galleries speak for themselves. However, there is a bit of a murmur that Blue Table dont always stick to your plan and you dont always get what you ask for.

I'd suggest hitting the Mega-Millions jackpot, then contact her.

I believe she would accept Powerball winnings as well :)

Seriously if I ever won the lottery. After I paid of debt and put enough aside to live off the interest for the rest of my life. I would totally drop a bunch of money to get the entire Malfiaux line professionally painted. Then I would open a game store :)

I am VERY lucky that an amazing number of painters hang out at the comic book store I play at. Chris Borer, who has won about 20 Golden Dragons is going to help me with my LCB. I am looking forward to starting him this week. He is just opening a website now that has a few examples of his miniatures.

http://www.fullborerminiatures.com/[url=http://www.fullborerminiatures.com]

I don't know if I'm good enough to do commissions. I'm no where near as good as the Pros that I've seen. I think I'm game play quality but,that is it.

I think you are underrating yourself. Your figs are better than tabletop quality and you could probably do commissions if your choose. The trick to basic commission work is to be able to get them out fairly quickly, otherwise the return on investment isn't worth it ( unless you just have a lot of extra time on your hands).

The only reasons to do it are for money or to help the game advance locally.This whole thing got stated by my wife telling me that I should try to it for a living.Meaning to do what few people can and that do what you enjoy for a living.She doesn't understand that you can't do that and make a living.Not even someone as good as Jen Haley can do that.At most it would supply my habit.

@kbdrand-Thanks.

Do any of you guys know if there are miniature painters out there that are actually making a living at it? Other than the Sri Lanka slave labor company.

Do you actually know for sure it's a slave labour company?

That they have different pricing structure over there and people work for cheaper does not make it a slave labour company at all. On the contrary, chances are ordering from them means supporting people emerging from decades of home war and difficulties.

Granted I haven't researched the subject myself, but I'd expect some data with posts like that , otherwise it becomes a smear and a rather nasty one at that.

Do you actually know for sure it's a slave labour company?

That they have different pricing structure over there and people work for cheaper does not make it a slave labour company at all. On the contrary, chances are ordering from them means supporting people emerging from decades of home war and difficulties.

Granted I haven't researched the subject myself, but I'd expect some data with posts like that , otherwise it becomes a smear and a rather nasty one at that.

I stand corrected,I do not know that for certain.