Ophelia anyone?

Hogwart

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my experience so far is that she is competitive if you play her and her kin right. Diversify out her support crew with a slop hauler, a couple of bayou gremlins and a couple of young LaCroix. Save all of your masks for squeel and aim high when you do get engaged.

Obviously you will use different tactics for every opponent and just like every other crew there are bad match ups. But do not under estimate an entire crew that has Reckless. OMG, my eyes have been opened. (Thought I was going to loss bad, instead came out way ahead)

Why save them, just use "Like herding squirrels" it gives them auto squeel. It is a major part of the Ophelia, bait and switch strategy.
Yes, but that requires having everyone bunched up so they are within 6" of Ophelia. Kind of dangerous with such squishyness. Some will be within her range. Also all of her 0 actions are great and having some masks in your hand saves a 0 action.

But yes, Like Herding Squirrels is great. So is Ooooo a Girl!, Dumb and Lucky, and Bent Barrel. What to choose. :goodbad:

• 2 weeks later...

I find my choice of zero actions with Opheila depends on what I want to do with her other Kin. I'll chuck Like Herding Squirrels out from time to time but as good as it is at buffing Gremlins, I don't find myself using it as much as I should. The Kin I normally run in a 25SS gang is Pere and Rami, the latter being a must. Her first zero action of the game will normally be putting Dumb and Lucky onto Rami. Keeping a Slop Hauler near to him is important to heal up the wounds caused by Dumb Luck recoil. Her next zero action would be either It's a Girl to drag Pere up into position or Family Tree to allow the Slop Hauler to activate quickly. Depends on how urgent healing Rami is really.

A personal favourite of mine is the Explosive Pere Slingshot. Have the two near to each other so Pere can activate after Ophiela. Put Dumb and Lucky onto him, move Ophiela up once and drag Pere along with It's a Girl. Walk Pere into a nice clump of foes and boom! To make it really worth it, you need high cards in your hand for the attack/damage flips of the explosion but its a method to take out big nasties or Masters which the gang struggles with.

I like the idea of sling-shoting Pere have him use Oopsie! with a high card then shoot him with one of your own guys immediately afterwards to guarantee no one has time to run away.

@Dumb Luck- I don't know about having issues with Big Nasties and Masters. I haven't had any more issues than I normally would. Big Nasties have a low defense and with Dumb Luck all those wounds get shot up quick with a gun line. And Masters are just a pain to deal with all the time, but the Kin do a good job at making them make some hard choices.

I used the out of the box Ophelia Crew against marcus (also box-crew) on saturday and it was like total annihilation in turn 3.

I lost Rami who kinda baited the rattler and pere who did pretty well in killing the freaking cerberus on his own (in melee Oo).

Ophelia one hitted Myranda and the rattler with her double dps trigger and francois knifed down marcus himself...

OMFG just imagining her on a 30 SS game with like 3-6 more bayou grems makes me shiver! she is a pretty hard hitter, considering instinctual and reckless + her paired gun and the double damage trigger!

and she can keep your gremlins out of melee pretty good with addin the mask suit to their def (come one! Squeel! :D) and (0) Oooooh! A girl!

@Daniele- Bayou Grelins are decent with Ophelia but the Slop Hauler and Young L's are outright amazing with her. I strongly suggest proxying some yourself to see what I mean.

Just don't forget to have the Slop Hauler use his all action to heal your Gremlins that use their Reckless and Ophelia to use Family Tree to move him into position. The Young L's are expendable and few expect them to dish out as much damage as they can. Good for running them out shooting a juicy target and baiting the enemy to charge him.

The Bayou Gremlins do lose Whoops and are not insignificant but can't do the damage that the Youngin's can unless you can get them into a group of the enemy to pull off You All Watch This. Otherwise the Youngin's beat them stone for stone in usefulness.

IMO.

Another options to think about is to use Dumb and lucky on Ophelia, it makes her one hell of a damage dealer. With her paired weapons the other player is going to have to throw cards at her attacks just to save their skin.

I did give the Taxidermist a try this last weekend and it work out well. The biggest thing was he did not come into play towards the end of the game when I had a few dead gremlins. The summoned stuff piglets did not have any real effect in this last game, but if I am fighting stuff that drops corpse counters I imagine that will change greatly.

Another options to think about is to use Dumb and lucky on Ophelia, it makes her one hell of a damage dealer. With her paired weapons the other player is going to have to throw cards at her attacks just to save their skin.

I did give the Taxidermist a try this last weekend and it work out well. The biggest thing was he did not come into play towards the end of the game when I had a few dead gremlins. The summoned stuff piglets did not have any real effect in this last game, but if I am fighting stuff that drops corpse counters I imagine that will change greatly.

Oh yes. Hard to beat a model that can attack three times with a damage out put of 4/6/8! You still don't want her out there on her own though. She is still mainly a support master.