Mechanical Dove proxi?

Caronte

Well, the main problem for me is that I don't got much free time for painting, so I can't spend it modelling :vb_tongue

Same here... that's why I thought it's a chance. 3 very small models and you don't even need to sculpt much, as they are mechanical and not true feathery live creatures.

Granted, the concept art in the Book 2 is great and the Wyrd's own models will probably do it justice. I'm going for something simpler.

I'm picking mine up today, hopefully will take some pictures. But I thought outside the box, and as a fat person is normally apt to do, about cake.

Go to a wedding supply store or a place that makes cakes for wedding, they have little 3/4" and 1" doves they use as decoration for the cakes, not amazing model quality, but it works. Might greenstuff them a bit to try and do a mechanical wing or something here and there. You can get 100 or so for 10 dollars. they might be willing to give you 3 for free.

go to a wedding supply store or a place that makes cakes for wedding, they have little 3/4" and 1" doves they use as decoration for the cakes, not amazing model quality, but it works. Might greenstuff them a bit to try and do a mechanical wing or something here and there. You can get 100 or so for 10 dollars. They might be willing to give you 3 for free.

great idea!

The cake idea is absolutely great. Another potential mechanical dove source may be at the house of significant ladies in your lives.

Musicboxes often have little birds on them. Would have to be very careful on price and scale.

http://www.antique-clocks.co.uk/singing_bird_music_boxes_automata.asp?stocktype=32

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Singing-Bird-Wooden-Cage-Clockwork-Music-Box-/260394684026?pt=UK_Collectables_Household_RL&hash=item3ca0bb8e7a

Also, cuckoo clocks?

Edited by Chucklemonkey

• 2 weeks later...