I choose you, Lord Chompy Bits!

LoboStele

LOL, OK, so that's what I keep picturing when I think of the little boy summoning a bunch of monsters to fight for him.

Anyways, here's my dreamer...

th_Malifaux_08.jpg

I thought, like any normal young boy, he'd be into dinosaurs, and what would be more cool than for the dinosaurs to disappear off his PJs and come to life!

th_Malifaux_07.jpg

I actually have this rock-like custom base on order for LCB, but I was anxious to get him painted, and then found this really sweet locket-type thing at Michael's. It's designed to sandwhich a photo between two panes of glass. Well, I thought some fun could be had with that, and sure enough, it was almost exactly the right size for the 50mm base. So, I thought, well, if the Dreamer summons LCB to fight for him, why not something that looked like summoning rings?

th_Malifaux_03.jpg

(Actually says "Lord Chompy Bits" in runic type letters there too, though the camera wanted to focus on the back of Chompy's head, lol)

And a few more angles for good measure. This was actually a really fun model to work on, and I honestly did most of the assembly, gluing, painting, and base work all in two evenings. I do have a custom base on the way for the Dreamer as well, but figured I'd go ahead and show him off as is.

th_Malifaux_01.jpg

th_Malifaux_05.jpg

th_Malifaux_06.jpg

And this one is just funny because my cat wanted to see what was going on, haha

th_Malifaux_04.jpg

Nice Job! I too am awaiting bases. My biggie is assembled though. I think the real trouble is you've given the dreamer dark hair. So, he looks like ash. You need to sculpt a baseball cap now and pokeball in his hand. ;)

LOL, I know. I'm not really a pokemon fan, but that's what I keep thinking of when I think about a young boy summoning monsters to fight for him.

I actually went with the dark hair just tie into the look with LCB. If you look closely, the Dreamer that's sitting on Chompy's shoulder actually has the same hint of blue-wash that LCB does, where as the stand-alone Dreamer just has straight black hair.

HOLY F@@K!!!!!!!!!!

The Pokemon idea is genius. Time to start sculpting again. I think squirtle, bulbasuar, and charmander will be my nightmares. Man this idea is awesome. I will post them when their done.

Great job on the lcb and the dreamer btw. I like the dinosaur idea as well, you should totally sculpt a Dino Teddy for the other dinosaur that was on his nightgown. Good idea plankwalker. But good job overall.

Hmmm....not really sure I would make a Teddy look a Brachiasaurus, but I'll think on it.

I actually realized after I had finished my clear coating, that I really should've put the T-Rex on the front in Blue or Black so it would've matched LCB better, and then maybe put a Triceratops or something on the back. But I didn't want the colors to match his blanket too closely either.

I'm glad to see people getting a kick out of the pokemon reference. If I had known it would be that popular, maybe I would've built him as if he were emerging from a pokeball, LOL. Would be pretty easy with a ping pong ball or something probably.

I am tempted now though, to try and sculpt up a pokeball and baseball cap just to toss on the case of The Dreamer when his custom base arrives.

• 1 month later...
Clicking on the pics yields nothing lrger... just another window with pic the same size as those in the thread.

Weird. They are photobucket thumbnails. When I click on them it does open a window with the same size one first, but then it opens a larger one with a full size pic. Maybe you have pop ups blocked?