More Teddies?

Chucklemonkey

Given that I am about to receive my rising powers and LCB I was just looking for the opinions of those who have played the Dreamer, either in the beta test or since the release of book 2.

How good is Teddy with the dreamer? Does he fulfill a specific need or do other mini's do the same job for the dreamer crew.

The short question is, will it be worth it to pick up more Teddies for the crew?

The dreamers crew will usually be a mix of big hitters, medium and low. Because his soulstone cache is based on the number of nightmares you need to maximise this.

Around 35 pt mark i'd assume i'll be using 2 teddy's, 1 or more stitched (medium) and a few cheaper nightmares (totems and some others).

Its a safe bet to say 2 teddy's are going to serve you well in meeting the heavy hitter side.

I just recently went through my first match with LCB and took 3 teddies, a daydream, and a stitched together. I put bodyguard on my Dreamer. He had assassinate and a smartly played Colette crew.

By the end of the match the only thing that died on my side was a Daydream. No matter how much beating my Teddies took I would just bring the hurt one back and summon another one from the back and shove it back into the fray to lay down the hurt while the injured one recovered. The multi teddy list is extremely durable it seems. As I said before, there might be more effective methods. But this is certainly one of the most fun.

High point of the match: 3 Teddies and LCB surrounding 1 very injured showgirl, the last of a group of them that disappeared suddenly. Take a list like this if you like that feeling.

Edited by T3tsuya

Personally, I plan to play The Dreamer with 2 Teddies. They are just a fun model.

I think the more powerful road would be lots of Alps and maybe a Teddy or a Copelius for some big hitter backup. In my honest opinion, Alps seem like they would not be fun to play, nor fun for your opponent to play against.

<edit> When fielded to excess that is. No one will mind just a few Alps. A 30 point army that is just 9 Alps would probably be almost unbeatable by the majority of armies, and easily defeated by every other army, and be very boring for everyone. That's all I'm saying. So go with the Teddies man =) <end edit>

Edited by Natty

• 2 weeks later...
Is the Daydream model out yet? or are people just using proxies until it is? I'm new to the game and have looked for Daydream and Stitched Together and can't find any. Also the group I play with usually don't allow proxies.

Most of the book 2 models are not out yet. Basically, if you look at the sites Online Store and don't see it there, it wont be out yet. But to your dirrect question, no they are not out yet. Only the limited Edition Nightmare Lord Chompy Bits and Dreamer has come out for Neverborn and you can only find him on ebay now.

Why don't they allow proxies? That kinda kills the fun especially since it can take a year to get as many releases as came out in this book out.

I ran dreamer with 2 teddies, 3 stitched-togethers and a daydream against levi and although i risked and lost LCB early (was excited to use him).

By turn 5 I had taken out ashes and dust (plus ashen core & dust storm), desolation engine (and Steampunks it generates), Alyce (teddy ate her) and hollow wraith, and lost everything myself but a teddy and dreamer!!

So very bloody game, but believe me 2 teddies is the way forward!!!

Buddy at my store played 2 Teddies, 2 Stitched Together, and a couple Daydreams against my 35 SS Colette crew. It was brutal. I was thankful that I brought along Johan or I wouldn't have stood a chance. However, I did split my forces up a bit too much early in the game (had Shared strategy where you have to interact with Terrain on the other side of the map, forget what it's called) and so some people got jumped by a Stitched and both Teddies before I could get Colette/Cassandra back close enough to properly help. Keeping Colette near everybody for the Wp bonus against the Terrifying would've helped too, lol. The Teddies were just plain nasty in that regard. Stitched caused me to lose cards, and then by the end of the round, I'd have nothing to use for Cheating flips if I lost the Terrifying Duels, which then meant 1/3 to 1/2 my models got to do nothing for a couple rounds. So, 2 Teddies and 2 Stitched worked quite nicely against me, haha.