New guy, Daft question, Hoping for fast answer :P

danp164

Hi, a friend of mine introduced me to the game and it looked really good, and I really like the art style, in fact im hovering over the buy button for a Neverborn starter box, but one thing struck me.

Do the starter boxes come with a quick start rules guide to give the rough basics of how to play or do I HAVE to fork out on a rulebook straight off? (My fiance also wants to play something about the arcanists new showgirl box...)

I have often wished Wyrd would release a quick start set of rules (just the mechanics not the encounters) for the game. Perhaps they will once they are 100% sure the core rules are the way they would like them.

I must second Xango's comment, the books are definately worth the money.

I have often wished Wyrd would release a quick start set of rules (just the mechanics not the encounters) for the game.

This. Or do like CB and quite a few other companies do, and release the bare bones of the rules (no fluff, no pics, no nothing except rules) in PDF. Because seriously, while the cool models got me to buy in in the end, I was hesitant right to the very second of clicking buy, because I strongly dislike buying a cat in the bag that may as well turn out to be a complete disaster with no way of checking it.

The rulebook also has model stat listings for ones that aren't in the starter boxes (or are in different boxes) that you might end up wanting to get. With the lists in the book, you can try them out and make sure you're getting the extra models you really want, rather than shooting half-blind.

It helped me a lot to decide which models I wanted to get.