From the Black Heart of TX: Cult of December

Terarin

Hi all,

My bro's and I got into Malifaux over the last couple of months and while we've been hammering through the rulebook I've managed to get my first crew (mostly) painted. My friends at my LGS have been pestering me lately to get my photo studio set back up so we can all get pics, and they've been very pointed about posting pics of my Rasputina here in the Wyrd forums. Nothing special I think, but I'm pleased with having enough painted models to put on the table.

So, if you'll indulge me:

Rasputina

127453908.jpg

Ice Constructs

127453907.jpg

127453906.jpg

Wendigo

127453909.jpg

...and my personal favorite, which is in this crew until I finish something else...

Convict Gunslinger

127453905.jpg

I'm concerned that my lights and camera settings still aren't right. These pictures look dark to me, but it seems everything looks dark to me on my monitor. :(

Love the shiny leather (or did Ramos invent latex a century too early just for her? ;) ) on Raspy. The gamin and Wendigo are also top, but I'm not a fan of the blueberry-flavored Golem. Technically it's very good, but it just clashes a bit too obviously for me. The convict's tatoos are a nice touch as well.

Well, I'm not really sure if I can explain the sheer look of the stockings very well. I'm still kind of figuring it out.

Basically I approached it using flesh colors as highlights. When the fabric is tight the flesh will show through. I ended up mixing the flesh color into the fabric color and applying it like any highlight. After that I just drew in the fishnet lines.