Shrug Off useless??

Issalbotproto

Oh I didn't even think about those... I just wish you could use 0 actions while Paralyzed...

I do also know it's good for after you fail a moral duel you can use it after you fall back, but I usually use the Proxy so they're already dead when they fail...

if you are Paralyzed then just use Perdita's Spellbreaker that will take that off anyone but her.

It also has a lot of agressive posablities since it has no rst stat, oh you added armor to you model well not anymore, oh you bolsteted undead well there it goes, woops! hehe, what shrug off can fix leave it to perdita.

Though I would use the enslaved totem, obay x 2 oh yeah, I use it on nino to give him more shoots or move him where i want him. or the exeacutioner... soo good

Edited by TimeLapse

You can also cast Obey on opponent's Nurse, cast Massive Dose (Reactivate) on Nino, take two activations, then shrug off Massive Dose with a 0 action.

Thats thinking outside the box!

Vary cool idea, a whole new use for obay and shrug off has been unlocked in my mind. I shall use this infomation poorly but still I shall use it!

I don't think you can remove Bolster Undead. It's not an effect on target model, it is an aura Nicodem projects. I wondered for a moment if you could remove it from Nicodem, but then he's not under the effect of his own aura.

Tricky question. :D

Though as far as I know the thread asking what is an effect and what isn't hasn't been resolved yet.

I don't think you can remove Bolster Undead. It's not an effect on target model' date=' it is an aura Nicodem projects. I wondered for a moment if you could remove it from Nicodem, but then he's not under the effect of his own aura.[/quote']

The Bolster Undead effect is on Nicodem. It affects all friendly Undead within the Aura. You can't remove Bolster from an Undead model (since the effect is not on them) but you can remove the whole buff from Nicodem. Similar case with Voodoo Doll and Conduit. You can only remove it from the Doll since that's where the effect is.

A model certainly can have an effect on it but not itself be affected by it. Most Auras and Pulses are good examples of these.

-Ropetus

Though it does not effect Nicodem what the rules say about Aura's is that it is an "ongoing circular range of effect around a target, extending from the targets base edge." page 25

So its an effect and its on the target, in this case Nicodem, so she can remove it.

Edited by TimeLapse

You can also cast Obey on opponent's Nurse, cast Massive Dose (Reactivate) on Nino, take two activations, then shrug off Massive Dose with a 0 action.

I was thinking about this and I remembered something,

Wierd rule on the idea of friendly models and obey he said this

"Correct.

The model that is Obeyed, is not friendly to any Crew during its (1) Action or Charge."

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10660&highlight=obey+friendly

So you would not be able to use any of the massive dose spells since it has to target a friendly model, it would be cool but not useable in this way. Sad since i wanted to use this idea, oh well...

-Andrew

FWIW I don't think you can shrug off poison, it's a token not an effect. Having a poison token has an effect as you activate.

it is the errata, shrug off takes one token off, or ends one effect + 1 more token or effect per Rams in the casting total. So you can get poison off but you will only get one or two tokens off.

• 3 weeks later...
I was thinking about this and I remembered something,

Wierd rule on the idea of friendly models and obey he said this

"Correct.

The model that is Obeyed, is not friendly to any Crew during its (1) Action or Charge."

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10660&highlight=obey+friendly

So you would not be able to use any of the massive dose spells since it has to target a friendly model, it would be cool but not useable in this way. Sad since i wanted to use this idea, oh well...

-Andrew

Still can. With Papa and the Nurse in a Zoriada crew :D

Still can. With Papa and the Nurse in a Zoriada crew :D

Thats thinking, finding away to use it without obay.

Though if you have Pain killers on Papa, and then you obayed him to charge then on his activation he used take you with me twice and then shrug off would he die from having more the 8 wounds on him and then go "Boom!" delivering 17 damage in one activation?

Also giving him CB +2 for a turn would be nice as well use his dynamite at CB 6 and have an atuo +1 to the damage flip.

papa with a nurse could be funny, since it will seem like his attending nurse at the retirement center that turned out to be the hags spare room.

-Andrew

Edited by TimeLapse

• 2 weeks later...