Thoughts on the Gremlins

seb2010

After dropping 150 bucks on all the gremlins I would ever need.....I would play something else. GREAT game don't get me wrong, I love it, but after 12 games with gremlins, I am ready to hang them up.

It has been officially announced that there is an entire gremlin chapter in book two.

Hopefully they'll get one or two things that help them compensate. Fingers crossed there, as well. But Wyrd is really good at listening.

It has been officially announced that there is an entire gremlin chapter in book two.

Hopefully they'll get one or two things that help them compensate. Fingers crossed there, as well. But Wyrd is really good at listening.

Unless you name is Lalochez..something.

Then Wyrd doesn't listen at all.

Oddly, the OP doesn't seem to have that name. :D

They already Errata "fixed" Som'er and most of his crew. He used to be capable of drawing infinte Red Jokers.

And out-activate any other crew only to thereafter chain-summon his Mosqitos across the table, drain all their cards (should they have any left), and most likely kill two models of their desire with Parasitic Infection.

I think that change was needed after all.. Hmhmm ;)

And out-activate any other crew only to thereafter chain-summon his Mosqitos across the table, drain all their cards (should they have any left), and most likely kill two models of their desire with Parasitic Infection.

I think that change was needed after all.. Hmhmm ;)

Oh believe me they needed those fixes, though I think he should have recieve some compensation like the sixth control card.

I think book 2 will handle this quite well, though. I'd say buy your gremlins, but... wait a month, before you decide they're underpowered. They may be a bit tough to play now, though. fair warning.
Agree Book 2 with its promised whole gremlin chapter is going to be awesome I am sure.

Also the biggest problem with playing Gremlins usually isn't the crew, its the player. Hear me out...for the most part Malifaux plays completely different then what most of us came from (Warmachine, Warhammer, etc). You win by completing your Strategies and schemes not by simple body count (for the most part), it takes awhile for most people to unlearn what they came from.

Also the biggest problem with playing Gremlins usually isn't the crew, its the player. Hear me out...for the most part Malifaux plays completely different then what most of us came from (Warmachine, Warhammer, etc). You win by completing your Strategies and schemes not by simple body count (for the most part), it takes awhile for most people to unlearn what they came from.

That is super true, when my friends and I converted over to malifaux. I seen them trying to just kill my whole army instead of finishing their strategies. Ya they might had wiped my army but they didn't finish their strategies either. And I would get my schemes for the win. Mind you gremlins are hard to play at first, but after a few games, (maybe even more than 12) you'll learn you own way of playing them. And you'll win some and you'll lose some, its the name of the game. Don't quit if you lose, if I were to quit when I lost, I wouldn't be playing anything and would be just sitting in the corner of my room trying to not to lose at breathing or I would quit doing that too. So play for fun, and the gremlins are the army to do that with.

Their wyrd abilities always make me laugh when my opponent says them. But overall the grems can be competitive an fun at the same time.:bigthumb:

Sobek makes a good point.

Another way to put it is: Keep your eyes on the prize. (And maybe run off with it--see below.)

An old cliche, true, but it still applies.

I played a game against a friend of mine who was using Gremlins, and I got Treasure Hunt. The first thing he did was run a Gremlin up, grab the treasure token, and run it back to his deployment zone. (At the time, there was no rule about anyone grabbing any token that we knew of.) Because of that, we wound up with a draw, even though I trashed a lot of his crew.

The first half dozen times, or so, I fielded my Gremlins, I got slaughtered horribly. Until I stopped trying to fight my enemy directly. In a direct fight, the gremlins will loose evey time. You have to be tricky, like a gremlin. Make LIBERAL use of Gremlin movement shenanigans to outmanuever your oppoent and go after the strategies and schemes.

If you're the type who hates seeing your own models get thrashed, Gremlins probably isn't for you. Running a bunch of models out to tie up the enemy (and inevitably die) is the thing to do while you send a few key models out to do what needs to be done for your strategies and schemes.

I always recommend that Gremlin players take Thrawt as one of their schemes, and announce it. If you play your cards right, you'll almost always be able to get those two points. Especially if your opponent needs to wipe out your warband for his strategy. Just keep a Gremlin way back in your deployment zone out of site, and you're gold.

If you do go after opposing models (like with Slaughter), don't be afraid to use a lot of Gremlins and go bananas with Y'all Watch This and Dumb Luck. (Preferably both at once.) They can actually pump out a scary amount of damage doing that, though they die off in the process. (That's what Git Yer Bro's for, of course.)

When I go with this tactic, I usually have nothing but Gremlins and Som'er.

Gremlins CAN play slaughter, in a pig heavy list. I love the versatility that I can run with my green men and their pets. I can swarm them with numbers, I can fly pigs around and hit like a bag of bricks, or I can mix the two, go heavy on the skeeters and play tricky with heavy gas tricks off pull my finger and even Gremlins Luck to force crazy discard and then rush their face.

Love my gremlins.

Eh, they are still around and I have a ton of fun with them but my Gremlins are what got me into the game, and a possible new player is interested in my hookers. I think I will be playing all things Bayou (including Zoraida) and then expanding into Neverborn with the LE Dreamer coming...yes, the model sold me.

The prize Copy Cat is still in a case and on my shelf =)