Storing Minis

What do you guys use to store your pewter minis in on a day-to-day basis? Right now I keep them all in one of those plastic tubs you can get at Wal-Mart or Target, with different shelves to separate my factions. They're not the best at keeping dust out, however, and I'm unsure if that's not good for the models long-term.

I use the same this I do for a carrying case. Hobby Lobby sells these plastic divided trays, basically a Plano tacklebox tray but cheaper, for $1.99. Stick some duct seal in the bottom or on the side, and there ya go. I fit 2 of these in a shoebox with my cards, book, tokens, tape measure, etc. And for all you paranoid health nuts out there, don't worry.

Orc, I seriously, honestly, even truly laughed out loud at your new profile pic!

I AM looking forward to the new bag. I use foam carrier trays now, I'd like something to put them in.

Although, I have to admit, I don't like Battle Foam's foam.... Ironic that....

Orc, I seriously, honestly, even truly laughed out loud at your new profile pic!

You're not the only one. That's one awesome profile pic. :D

I've been hanging out for the Battlefoam Wyrd bag too. The flower-tin is awesome, but even it's awesomeness is not quite enough to hold 150+ soulstones worth of models. :(

Sabols ATC foam trays are 7.25" wide.

This 500ct poker chip case is 7.25" wide.

Hrm...

I yanked out the dividers, and got two 1" ATC trays, trimmed one of them (unfortunately the case is longer than one tray, but shorter than two).

image000rj.th.jpg

I also took a 650ct case, and removed some of the dividers, but not all of them, and have an excellent case for my paints.

image001io.th.jpg

Edited by ispep

I just started Malifaux, so I only have Sonnia's starter crew plus the sacred flame and an executioner. I am currently storing them in the ever popular super-deluxe, executive egg carton. I cut up the foam that was in the starter box for a little extra padding to keep them from rattling around. I'll probably get that bag Orc posted once its out though.

My warmachine minis I have in a 16x8x8 toolbox(or toolbag? its cloth with a zipper top but has plastic lining to keep its box shape) and I went to a craft shop to buy my own foam and cut out holes for my minis myself. In retrospect that part was a pain and I should have just bought the battlefoam and stuffed it in the toolbox.