Lists of Glory

Epic Jimbo

Aight.

I've done pretty well for myself using these guy while playing my friends.

Zoraida

Voodoo Doll (Of course)

Baby Kade 6 SS

1-2 Waldgeist(s), depends on the SS limit. 6/12 SS

2-3 Terror Tots 6/9 SS

Convict Gunslinger 6

Total: 24-33 SS

I've had some good luck when I've played using this crew, but I've found the Waldgeists are great for Kidnapping the opponents crew.

I first activate Zoraida, and If I can see an enemy I make a voodoo doll of them, and cast obey to slow them down (Major plus if I can make them cast an AoE spell on they're own side first turn.) If I can't see them I raven and move to a far off spot where I can.

My other minis are distractions and melee hitters. With the exeception of the Gunslinger who hangs back and tries to blast the opponent's hand away so they can't cheat when I'm having my fun with Obey.

• 4 weeks later...

Zoraida

Mature Nephilim

2x Terror Tot

Doppleganger

Waldegeist

Played this 30pt list the other day to great effect. Basic idea is to line the crew in front of Zoraida, cast repulsive to push the team 6", summon voodoo doll 6" away, and cast Raven. Then the voodoo doll casts repulsive to push the team again and move back to Zoraida. Doppleganger copies Zoraida's walk of 10 and Tot's Sprint ability and move to whatever position suits your purpose. Works really well in a brawl with Lilith and more beaters.

Zoraida

Mature Nephilim

2x Terror Tot

Doppleganger

Waldegeist

Played this 30pt list the other day to great effect. Basic idea is to line the crew in front of Zoraida, cast repulsive to push the team 6", summon voodoo doll 6" away, and cast Raven. Then the voodoo doll casts repulsive to push the team again and move back to Zoraida. Doppleganger copies Zoraida's walk of 10 and Tot's Sprint ability and move to whatever position suits your purpose. Works really well in a brawl with Lilith and more beaters.

That's a new use of repulsive, I guess I'll have to try that.

Repulsive is great that way for getting a bit of an extra movement boost, but the pushed models also tend to fan out (since it's a push directly away from Zoraida) so theres only so much use you can get out of it.

My standard Zoraida list at the moment is;

Zoraida

3 Silurid

Mature Nephilim (25SS)

I really like the sneakiness of the list. Keeping at arms length until you charge out from outside LOS is good fun, and the enormous range of the Silurid never ceases to amaze me. They can literally run up one flank, then charge something on the opposite flank in a single activation. :D

And there's not much that needs to be said about the Mature Nephilim - he's an absolute tank. Obey is great with him of course, but obeying your Mature Nephilim three times in one turn is even better (Voodoo doll, Zoraida, then a newly summoned voodoo doll). :D

Heh, I find Mature Nephilim very fragile. They hit like a truck, but they are so easy to kill even with all the wounds they have.

Granted, mine face Punk Zombies and often with Bolster Undead... but I think Df4 is very low even against standard CB5 opponents.

So I tend to start my activations with going to defensive stance and then the Mature Nephilim becomes rather sluggish and can't charge.